Thor cast

• 2 months later...

First picture of Thor, Odin and Loki together, supposedly in Asgard.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0134856c4cac970c-600wi.jpg

I'm not quite sure what to make of this... Thor looks great, faithful to the comics, but Odin and Loki's armors... Dunno what to think about them.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

• 2 weeks later...
Any and all fears I had were laid to rest with this 5 minute trailer. But be warned, it gives quite a lot away. This is what was shown at ComicCon last weekend. The plastic armor looks better in context of the film, Asgard looks great and gives me a Kirbyesque vibe, whatshisface is better as Thor than I was expecting, and all in all it works. Officially excited.

While I'm still disappointed that Alexander Skarsgard didn't land the role, that trailer has me incredibly hyped and hopeful for the film. It looks like exactly what it needs to be, and Hemsworth looks better than I thought in the beginning.

Can anyone tell me exactly what happened with Skarsgard? Did they just not like him, or did he have conflicting gigs or something?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thor 2 writer announced, no Brannagh.

Yesterday, it was reported that Marvel Studios will be rolling ahead with a sequel to their recent hit Thor for a release on July 26, 2013.

Although Kenneth Branagh is no longer directing and they need to find someone new, they'll first have to get a screenplay together and today, Deadline has the name of the screenwriter who'll be doing that: Don Payne, who was a credited writer on Thor and whose previous superhero experience includes Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and the Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Read more: Don Payne to Write Thor Sequel - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79224#ixzz1Qtz2dEu8

han-solo-anti-heroes.jpg

I've got a bad feeling about this...