Thor cast

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/excl...sworth-is-thor/

Talk about spot-on casting. I've just learned that Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and director Kenneth Branagh have chosen their THOR -- and it's Chris Hemsworth, who can currently be seen as "George Kirk" in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and also just snagged the lead in Red Dawn for United Artists on Thursday. (He's currently filming Joss Whedon's horror flick Cabin In The Woods for UA, and I heard the studio was so hot on him that it cast Hemsworth in the action pic.) The 25-year-old Australian hunk is a virtual unknown here in the United States. But he played "Kim Hyde" on 171 episodes of Home and Away, the successful Oz TV series chronicling the lives and loves of the residents of Summer Bay, a small Aussie coastal town. Hemsworth is repped by partner and co-founder William Ward at ROAR management and agent Ilene Feldman. Marvel Studios has scheduled Thor for a May 20, 2011, release.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wp-c...is-thor-100.bmp

Ehhh.. I guess he works.

Haha. I read this on IGN and laughed my ass off. He was abysmal in Home and Away. Admittedly he was much better in the 20 or so minutes he had in Star Trek, but I still think it's an odd casting choice.

He did good with what little he was given in Star Trek, though I admittedly have not seen him in anything else. I was pulling for Alexander Skarsgard, too, since he was one of my favorite things about Generation Kill, and he definitely has the chops to handle the role and break out.

I trust Kenneth Brannagh but the choice is a bit leftfield.........

You know who else was a bit left field? Heath Ledger.

I'll wait and see what it looks like before I pass judgment because let's face it, Marvel's been pretty good about their stuff lately. Now, Captain America is where people should be worried; how is that not cast yet?

I trust Kenneth Brannagh but the choice is a bit leftfield.........

You know who else was a bit left field? Heath Ledger.

I'll wait and see what it looks like before I pass judgment because let's face it, Marvel's been pretty good about their stuff lately. Now, Captain America is where people should be worried; how is that not cast yet?

Because it has been pushed back a year.

Yeah I know but I actually had the release dates mixed up and thought that Thor was coming out after Captain America but that is not the case.

That being said, I'd imagine that they'll cast it pretty soon then since it's about a 2 month difference in their release dates.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8342

Loki's been cast too... never seen him before, but he looks okay. Kinda nerdy, and not as cool as I pictured Loki being... but okay.

I always saw Loki as a fairly good looking guy, who never fit in simply because he was different... which is essentially what drives him to become Thor's arch-nemesis. He starts out by just playing tricks on people, but eventually, with Odin never favoring him, and the other Asgardians treating him like an outcast, he just loses it and starts getting violent.

I'm actually surprised they didn't bring in someone with name power for one of the two roles.

When you're Kenneth Branagh, you don't really have to worry about the name power of...well, anyone that isn't Kenneth Branagh.

Kenneth Branagh is not going to put asses in seats. Unless Marvel's planning on Thor being a non-blockbuster film, then it is massively surprising there isn't a name actor involved... someone for the tweens to blow their loads over. Hulk had Ed Norton. Iron Man had Robert Downey Jr.

Though, as long as they're not hoping it does Iron Man numbers at the box office, they'll be fine. As long as the movie is good. It's also a good way to keep costs down on the Avengers flick, and also avoid too much turmoil within the actors themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a relative newcomer playing Captain America either... but I would be shocked if the Red Skull wasn't portrayed by someone who can bring in a non-comic book audience.

Things can still change, though. It's unlikely, granted. I do think for Captain America they will bring in someone with drawing power for either Cap or A Villain. I think people are realizing that the Avengers flick could be very big, and a big name Captain America to go alongside Ed Norton and Downey Jr, could be very, very marketable.

HHH, Im sorry, would have been a bad choice. Maybe he can be Beta Ray Bill in a sequel. He's great for like posters and action scenes but the whole time you watch the movie youd be watching HHH fight Loki, not Thor...get it? In the media, it would have been just another movie starring a wrestler. I havent seen Home and Away or Star Trek so I cant speak on the choice they did make for the role but I will say that he does not in any manner have the physique required to be freakin Thor (maybe before he found the Mjolnir). But I can safely assume, since it is a comic book movie, that the entire story will be unrecognizable from the one that earned Thor his fans in the comics and just as Spider-Man, X-Men, The Hulk, Transformers, etc....the real fans will be abandoned.

I shudder to think what they have done to GI Joe in the upcoming movie....

The choice for Loki I think is good as far as looks go. He looks thin, sickly and even kinda devious and jealous; total opposite of his brother, Thor. I dont know, it just kinda comes through in the picture I saw. Ive never seen him act though...

I hope its good though but I dont expect it to be. I completely gave up on movies based on anything I like after seeing Spider Man 1-3. I havent watched the Joker movie, the Ed Norton Hulk, Iron Man, Star Trek and countless others.

Dont they realize that if they do make real fans with any of this half assed crap they put out that those fans will eventually go back and look at the history, maybe read the comics and see, for example, how retarded the Transformers movie is? Cmon, I mean Ebay? EBAY?? ...'nuff said.

Edited by tycoon

What?

Tycoon, your post made...no sense. Comic Book movies have been fantastic lately, and are always quite close to their source material. I fail to see what you're trying to say. All the films you mentioned are pretty damn good films, and made a killing at the box office.

• Like 1

"They ruined Spider-Man with 1-3, so I'm not watching any other comic book movies EVER EVER EVER! NEENER NEENER!"

• Like 1