The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

That's a fucking joke that they've confirmed the Benzema deal. Fuck Madrid and also fuck Lyon for letting him go there. As people have already mentioned, fuck Platini and co as well. It's fine to moan about anything that happens in England, but let's just let Madrid go on a billion pound spending spree? If there's anything they need to fucking focus on, it's a spending cap. It sounds stupid, but it's just got to a ridiculous point right now where money is overcoming the actual game. Of course I'm pissed because it means United cant get him, but that's not really the point here. Madrid are seemingly buying every great player that is available on the market (bar Villa who seems to be heading to Barca). I'd honestly love for all of this to back fire and I'm also praying one of the top teams in England meet them in the CL next season and beat the fuckers, just to rub it in their face.

Back on topic though, I'm not sure where we go from here. We've apparently got 80m to spend, but who the fuck on? And I do feel we need a striker, whether we've got some youthful attackers or not. I'm not going to shit on Berbatov too much, but it's way too risky to aim winning every trophy again with just Rooney and Berbatov up there and no back up what so ever (And saying Welbeck or Macheda is still, because despite being good, it's way too risky to rely on them if Rooney or Berbatov were to have a freak injury and be out for months). As it's been mentioned, people are just way too pricey right now and I cant think of any big name that we'll likely to get. Hopefully I'm wrong, but now is the time I'm starting to worry slightly.

And LOL and the person/people happy that Madrid are buying every player United want, because it's a good thing that all the best players are going to Spain rather than England, right?

To be honest, it's just three players. It seems Kaka never really wanted to move to England so he was never a real option, Ronaldo played for Man Utd for six years and Man Utd just had to accept the 80m bid, it's just too freaking much in this day and age to just wave away, plus he wanted to leave anyway. I'm not sure Man Utd ever even bid for Benzema and the reported 30m or so is a realistic price if you take into account how old he is and his obvious talent. There were rumors that Lyon constructed a deal with Real that they would get Huntelaar in return, but I doubt it. Anyway, the Premier League has basically lost only one big name player, the other two were never in the EPL. Real are doing what Chelsea did years ago and what Man City is trying now but they don't have the image to really attract class players. You do sound a bit like a Man Utd fan that is used to winning everything and not used to their best player leaving for another club because he wanted to.

Welbeck should get more time next season, I see a potential superstar in him. Macheda on the other hand to me just looks like one of those players that gets pushed into the spotlight and then ends up at some mid-table team in Italy. He made I think two important goals, but when Fergie played him from the start in the last game of the season he was pretty shite to be honest. Rossi would have been really handy at this moment by the way...

If Huntelaar went to Lyon that would be one hell of a coup, because I think they're now stuck in a situation where Lyon is pretty much Huntelaars only option. I don't see him going to the Premier League (and if so, probably wouldn't sell him to Man United for anything but a stupid price) I don't see him willing to go anywhere else in Spain and I don't really see him ripping it up in Italy. Unless of course they loan him back to Ajax or something.

But 30m+Huntelaar would be an absolutely stupid offer for one Benzema who may well be Huntelaar V.2

If Huntelaar went to Lyon that would be one hell of a coup, because I think they're now stuck in a situation where Lyon is pretty much Huntelaars only option. I don't see him going to the Premier League (and if so, probably wouldn't sell him to Man United for anything but a stupid price) I don't see him willing to go anywhere else in Spain and I don't really see him ripping it up in Italy. Unless of course they loan him back to Ajax or something.

But 30m+Huntelaar would be an absolutely stupid offer for one Benzema who may well be Huntelaar V.2

Why not? I have seen Huntelaar countless times ofcourse as a Dutch person and a rabid football fan and I always felt he's a perfect fit for the EPL. He's like the second RVN, they are both extremely deadly in the box, so with that said him going to Man Utd or any other EPL team would be a natural choice. He's pretty good on the ball (because of his time at Ajax when he was the lone striker), but put him next to a player with more of a free role to do all the fancy stuff with the ball and he'll be bagging the goals like it's nothing, I'm sure of it.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

My theory was that Madrid would want to get at least a large chunk of what they paid for him meaning that no-one would really risk making a bid for him. I really don't see him going for less than £15m, and there's only a few teams who would be willing to spend that much on him, half of those teams wouldn't be appealing to Huntelaar and the other half would already have loads of strikers.

Some United fans are completely overreacting. We've missed out on one player, because he wanted to play for another club. It happens all the time. I doubt anybody would be this pessimistic if Benzema had just decided to stay at Lyon. The fact that he's gone to Madrid is irrelevant, as are the other deals Madrid have made this summer.

I'm sure we have other targets, we'd be stupid not to.

Some United fans are completely overreacting. We've missed out on one player, because he wanted to play for another club. It happens all the time. I doubt anybody would be this pessimistic if Benzema had just decided to stay at Lyon. The fact that he's gone to Madrid is irrelevant, as are the other deals Madrid have made this summer.

I'm sure we have other targets, we'd be stupid not to.

I know it's just one player we've lost out on, but it's a great player. There's not a tonne of fantastic players in that area that are available right now with everything that is going on, so it should be a big deal. The point is that we just lost the best player in the world in Ronaldo and one heck of a worker in Tevez, so whether we have a great team still or not, we need to do something with this money and bring in an actual fantastic and established worker, not just somebody who is 'good'. You don't lose the best player in the world and focus on bringing in somebody who is classed as a good player. I'm sure we do have other targets and I'm not doubting that, but the more time that goes by, the less chance we have of picking up somebody who has potential to be fantastic. Benzema was young and had POTENTIAL to turn into a world class player, why wouldn't a United fan be gutted on missing out on him?

Well it looks like we are going to lose out on Ribery to Madrid. Seriously, this is piss taking. How can Blatter and Platini allow this to happen? If that was an english team buying these players then those two fucking idiots would be attacking the Premier League. Realistically now it looks like we are not going to be able to sign an established player.

Edited by SuperTabs

Well it looks like we are going to loose out on Ribery to Madrid. Seriously, this is piss taking. How can Blatter and Platini allow this to happen? If that was an english team buying these players then those two fucking idiots would be attacking the Premier League. Realistically now it looks like we are not going to be able to sign an established player.

They've signed, what, 3 players? Maybe 4 now? Me thinks there are a few more established players out there than that.

Well it looks like we are going to lose out on Ribery to Madrid. Seriously, this is piss taking. How can Blatter and Platini allow this to happen? If that was an english team buying these players then those two fucking idiots would be attacking the Premier League. Realistically now it looks like we are not going to be able to sign an established player.

Why should they stop anything? They might be double standard pricks, but why should they stop Real making transfer deals?

Why should they stop anything? They might be double standard pricks, but why should they stop Real making transfer deals?

Because they're signing players Man Utd are rumoured to be interested in! That's gotta be a crime or something right?

Because they're signing players Man Utd are rumoured to be interested in! That's gotta be a crime or something right?

Berbatov - Keane

Modric - Palacios - Carrick - Lennon

BAE - King - Woodgate - Corluka

Gomes

How awesome would our team be if Man Utd didn't poach Berbatov and Carrick? :(

Of course!

I think it's brilliant that United are getting a taste of their own medicine. Far too often have they hijacked other club's targets or basically forced a deal to go through because of who they are. I say let it long continue adn put the fuckers in their place.

Oh shut up with the constant hatred for United. When have they sat there and done anything like Madrid are doing now? And nobody is moaning because Madrid are stealing players we want. They've brought Benzema, that's it. The point some have made is that it's ridiculous as to how much money they're spending and how they're getting world class player after player. There's no rule saying they cant, but as somebody pointed out, if a team from England brought Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ribery and so on, then Platini and co would claim it's ruining the game and create a rule to stop them doing it.

Of course peoples tones would change if they went to your team and started taking your best players and stopping you from getting any of the great players you're interested in. It's not the end of the world, but the cash they're throwing about is madness. People moaned about Chelsea doing it, when really they didn't do it half as bad as this, yet they got crucified for it.