The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Oh shut up with the constant hatred for United. When have they sat there and done anything like Madrid are doing now? And nobody is moaning because Madrid are stealing players we want. They've brought Benzema, that's it. The point some have made is that it's ridiculous as to how much money they're spending and how they're getting world class player after player. There's no rule saying they cant, but as somebody pointed out, if a team from England brought Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ribery and so on, then Platini and co would claim it's ruining the game and create a rule to stop them doing it.

Of course peoples tones would change if they went to your team and started taking your best players and stopping you from getting any of the great players you're interested in. It's not the end of the world, but the cash they're throwing about is madness. People moaned about Chelsea doing it, when really they didn't do it half as bad as this, yet they got crucified for it.

I'm pretty sure Platini whined about Real's spending already and when did they ever create a rule to stop English teams from doing anything?

I guess there hasn't been any flat out hate, but there's been loads of 'but united this' which even I'll admit to <_<

Ultimately if United are in a bad state it's Uniteds fault, just like if Liverpool were in a bad state it'd be their fault and the same with every other team. Fergie left it too late to try and sign Tevez, Fergie didn't think Benzema was worth £30m and Fergie laughed at the prices of everyone else. Now Fergie is left with a market where they will find it hard to sign anyone who's relatively good because he stuck to his guns.

He HAS wanted to sign Benzema, he's said in the past. He HAS tried to sign Tevez because he offered the amount to buy him. Surely missing two transfer targets is a huge slap in the face to the self proclaimed greatest club in the world.

Oh btw, Barcelona have apparently signed Keirrison. I call FM HAX!!!

Oh shut up with the constant hatred for United. When have they sat there and done anything like Madrid are doing now? And nobody is moaning because Madrid are stealing players we want. They've brought Benzema, that's it. The point some have made is that it's ridiculous as to how much money they're spending and how they're getting world class player after player. There's no rule saying they cant, but as somebody pointed out, if a team from England brought Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ribery and so on, then Platini and co would claim it's ruining the game and create a rule to stop them doing it.

Of course peoples tones would change if they went to your team and started taking your best players and stopping you from getting any of the great players you're interested in. It's not the end of the world, but the cash they're throwing about is madness. People moaned about Chelsea doing it, when really they didn't do it half as bad as this, yet they got crucified for it.

Because Madris havn't been going on about how they want one of Liverpools best players at all have they? Nope I don;t think they've ever even mentioned been interested in anyone from our team... oh wait a miniute thats bollocks isn't it. We've had to deal with Madrid trying to poach Alonso all summer.

What about Fergie and the way he signed Berbatov last year. United broke every rule in the book and got away with it because it's United, and what Fergie wants, Fergie gets because if anyone critisizes him he throws his toys out of the pram.

And the best players in the world really don't come to the Premiership. We've had one or two quality players, and some of the best have been here, but usually they end up in Spain or Italy, not here.

Hold on, this has nothing to do with United. What I have been trying to see is that if an English team was to buy these players then Platini and Blatter would be on their case, saying they are ruining football. I think people just like to think that we are bitching and moaning because we are not getting players that we were 'linked' with.

So the bookies think we're going for Michael Owen.

Now, as a third choice striker I honestly don't think it would be a bad signing. No transfer fee, reasonable wages (£40,000 according to one paper), Prem experience, and I'm sure he'd rather be third choice at United than first choice at Stoke. And if the brochure is to be believed, his injury problems seem to be behind him.

The timing, however, is fucking awful. We sell Cristiano Ronaldo, miss out on Benzema, and sign Michael Owen. Not exactly a statement of intent.

If we brought Owen, that's the point that I'd start to cry. If we even consider buying him for that matter, I'll cry.

Why? It's hardly the worst possibility in the world and he would be the striker coming off of the bench so its not like he'll have a massive chance of getting injured all the time.

If we brought Owen, that's the point that I'd start to cry. If we even consider buying him for that matter, I'll cry.

Why? It's hardly the worst possibility in the world and he would be the striker coming off of the bench so its not like he'll have a massive chance of getting injured all the time.

It's Michael Owen, he'll find a way :P

It's just an opinion I have on him and it hasn't changed for close to a year or so now. I think he's been nothing more than average since the day he joined Madrid and he's no better than somebody like Kevin Phillips right now, so even if he was our tenth choice striker, I still wouldn't want him. He's got close to zero pace any more, seems to miss from point blank range, can barely head the ball nowadays and just doesn't have the goal instinct he once had. I still think he should consider retiring if he stays the same once moving to a new club, because he's become almost unbearable to watch nowadays. And to think his name is even mentioned around United is a joke to me. I'd rather bring back Sheringham, Yorke, Cole or even Dennis Irwin as a striker, because that's how useless I think Owen is in today's game. If we even consider somebody like him, I don't see why we shouldn't consider RVN, who is one million times better.

Didn't he offically leave Newcastle today or yesterday? Along with Viduka? They should both go to the UAE league on astronomical wages and score 100 goals a season past Al-Ahli and others. But seriously, Owen could be a good signing for any premier league club, provided they subsidise his main wage with a 'pay-as-you-play' or goal scoring bonus.

What's with all the Owen hate? The man is still a proven Premiership goalscorer. Yes he's a bit crocked, but whats to say he won't have an injury free season next year?

Owen scored 8 Premiership goals in 27 games for Newcastle. Thats about 1 in 3. He doesn;t have the pace he used to, but his positioning and awareness are still sharp.

To sugest Sherringham or Dennis fucking Irwin would be better choices is retarded.