The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

I like Portsmouth so I am glad Crouch has decided to stay there, it should be interesting to see what the hell happens to Portsmouth.

On one hand they have the sheikh's money but then again only 15 of their players turned up for pre-season training and according to wikipedia they only have Nineteen squad members at the moment, and about a dozen are either defenders or defensive minded midfielders.

I really hope Pompey sell all their players and then don't buy anybody. Just so I can use all their Arab money to start afresh on FM 10. Man City will be no fun next year with people like Adebayor and Tevez :(

I can actually see that happening.

A front line of Hreidarsson-Kanu-Nugent? :D

:woot: More right backs!

:shifty:

It really is an odd purchase when we seem pretty well covered there with Corluka, Hutton and Chimbonda. Though we do need some depth in the centre so maybe Corluka or Chimbonda will be pushed into those slots more often now.

Huntelaar has apparently turned down Stuttgart and Harry Redknapp has confirmed he would like to bring him to Tottenham. I can only see us bringing in one striker max though, and I'd like to get Negredo if only because he's nicknamed 'The Wild Animal' :shifty:

Negredo would be a good signing, probably similar price as Huntelaar but I don't see a massive difference between them. Negredo must feel a bit shit, he got bought back by Real Madrid basically so they could sell him for a profit. He may as well go, he's a good player and wouldn't get too much of a look in on the Real Madrid side and I reckon would be a hit in England.

Plus if Spurs are looking at Huntelaar/Negredo then I hope we can swoop in for Chamakh. Things are apparently pretty advanced but seem to be moving slowly, so I imagine he's hoping Arsenal finally do come in with a bid. Obviously I'm hoping he doesn't since Fulham may look at Crouch or he'll stay at Pompey, Spurs could get Huntelaar and if Arsenal don't put in a bid then hopefully we can take Chamakh and everyone's happy. :)

Since I don't post enough in here about the greatest team in the world, Doncaster Rovers ( :shifty: )I thought I'd mention that we've made a club record bid for Sheffield United's Billy Sharp, as well as taking the mighty Quinton Fortune and John Oster on trial.

Oh, and I'm gutted that Spurs have signed Naughton, wish he'd gone to Everton. I don't see why they need another right back (not counting Walker yet as he's going back to Sheffield United on loan).

I think it's just injuries really. Corluka and Chimbonda may well need to fill in in other positions and with Hutton almost always nursing an injury it leaves us fairly thin at the position. Surely the better option would have been to buy more centre backs though. It's not like there's an age issue either, Corluka and Hutton are fairly young.

We've signed Lorik Cana from Marseille today.

Really happy, guys an absolute maniac but never seems to get sent off. Will go 12 round with Cattermole when we play Wigan I'm sure. Gives out midfield a bit of bite and passion that it's been lacking as well.

We've signed Lorik Cana from Marseille today.

Really happy, guys an absolute maniac but never seems to get sent off. Will go 12 round with Cattermole when we play Wigan I'm sure. Gives out midfield a bit of bite and passion that it's been lacking as well.

Wish we (Everton) had bid for Cana, we was linked with him, like many other players, and we never seem to bid. Would have liked to have had him here, to fill in the gap left by Carsley when he left awhile back, it seems like no one recently can take his place, but looks like we're going to have to keep trying to get someone now, hopefully we can get either Moutinho or Defour, and Elm.

Edited by Sick N Twisted

Did Lerner lie about there being money to spend or is O'Neill just not using it? Villa already have one of, if not the smallest squad in the Premier League, they need to beef it up, especially being in Europe again.

Spurs have agreed a fee of £10m with Portsmouth for Peter Crouch according to Paul Hart. He's expected to sign a 5-year deal with us. Meh, not the most exciting move in the world but I guess with other needs in the team we need to spread the money out a bit. Should signal Bent's exit I'd have thought, latest newspaper rumour has Sunderland making a £15m bid.

Redknapp says Vieira wants to come and play for Spurs despite us only being able to offer a third of what he gets at Inter. With the 2010 World Cup coming up he wants plenty of playing time. Would be a great addition to the squad if we could get him.

Wonder if talks with Chamakh have fell through then/or Arsenal have decided they're actually interested/Chamakh realised who he's actually been talking to and that Sunderland haven't finish in the top 10 for 8-9 seasons.

Edited by IAceI