The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Guest Ringmaster

They're a promoted side that's not generally yo-yo, so they're going to play it safe and probably try to build a team that can win the championship in 10/11 :shifty:

So is there a reason Burnley's not bringing anybody in? Can they not afford to?

Steven Fletcher, Brian Easton, Tyrone Mears, David Edgar & Rob Eckersley have all been signed this summer. They've brought plenty in, and they've been after Tudgay and Driver too. This added to a squad that already includes Jensen, Blake, Thompson, McDonald, Carlisle, Caldwell, Elliott, Alexander, Paterson, Duff, Eagles & Gudjonsson is pretty decent. They don't really need to sign loads of players, and it's not like they haven't signed anyone.

Pompey played 5 african or french trialists on saturday and drew 0-0 at Basingstoke. Looking good for them...

Their first team squad consists of 20 players, including Marc Wilson and Asmir Begovic. Plus Distin & Campbell are expected to leave.

Manchester City "close to agreeing" a £16m fee with Arsenal for Kolo Toure. So, good/bad signing for City if it goes through? I think he'll be good, but at what point do the high profile players think of the club as a joke because of the money they're throwing around, and just not put in the effort they should? I think they might have already fallen into that trap with Adebayor.

Oh, and in the Newcastle- Orient game Tim Krul was shite. I only saw the goals, so I don't know how the whole team performed(probably in the normal 'don't give a fuck' mode), but watching the goals, I'm surprised we didn't concede more with that kind of performance.

Edited by Ben E.

Ya see, I don't mind seeing someone different in the top four, but I don't want it to be someone who got there purely by having shitloads of money, like Chelsea kind of did, although they were already a regular feature in Europe, whereas Man City aren't.

I dunno, I'd just rather see a team like Everton, Villa or Tottenham break it than Moneybags City.

Me too, I think it would be brilliant if Man City finished worse than last season, just to show that money doesn't exactly equal success. Saying that though I think they will have a good year, most likely finishing top five or six. If they do crack the top four I hope they do it at Arsenal's expense :shifty:

Edited by AD

What is wenger doing selling toure though we should be strenghtening(don't ask me how to spell it) oursleves not them manc scum

Toure's been shakey for a while now, in an ideal world Arsene would use the money to buy a decent centre back and/or defensive midfielder but they'll probably just use a little bit to buy some French 17 year olds and put the rest in the bank.

I really really hope Ibra does well at Barca. I don't have an opinion on him one way or another (though to have such a good scoring record he has to be doing something right) but if another person says "am I the only one who thinks he's overrated?" to me when I haven't heard anybody mention him without saying he's overrated for a couple of years, I might hit somebody.