The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Villa and Hull have both said they haven't. Seems to be Levy trying to force Bruce into upping his bid closer to £16.5m so he can recoup as much as possible. As if Hull are interested. They couldn't get Zamora and Daryl Murphy for Christ's sake, so they'd go for Bent?

Between Spurs and Bordeaux trying to get a deal done for a player is becoming impossible. Quite sad when we signed Cana from Marseille in about a day, and he's probably going to be our best acquisition of the lot. £12m possibly rising to £14m is the price I heard for Bent, if I was Spurs I'd be taking that because it's probably the best bid they're going to see for him. They won't make their full £16.5 back because he's not worth that.

Frustrating me at how long its taking now and we really need a few more signings before the season starts to be completely sure in my opinion. Disappointed we're not going for a winger to play on the left, although apparently we're looking at an Egyptian right winger called Al-Muhammad or something. Bet that'll go down well around the Premiership, ten minutes for a shoe-bomber chant I'm expecting. <_<

Havn't seen a mention of the almost certain deal taking Alonso to Madrid for about £30 million. Everyone has a price, and Madrid have turned Xabi's head, and the way Rafa treated him last summer probably made his decision a hell of a lot easier. Still it's a good sum of money for him.

And can we please buy a quality player to replace him and not Lee Cattermole. He's not bad, but no-where neer good enough to replace Xabi, and certainly not worth £12 million as the Telegraph have said the deal is going to be for. Only a couple of weeks ago we were linked with Cambiasso, Id rather him, or Jenas (not that we'vce been linked with him, and I'm going to get all kinds of stick for this, but I rate him).

Oh and Arbeloa is off to Madrid as well for £4.5 million.

Wouldn't say it's near certain at all. We're holding out for around £35m whilst Madrid only want to pay £25m.

I heard we wanted £30 million, and Madrid would only pay £25 mil, but the expected deal would be £28 million rising to about £30 million with add ons. I'd be very suprised if he was still here at the start of the season.

We're being linked with Senderos, and some site says that we have him, I hope this doesn't mean that Lescott is going. :(

No believable site has even mentioned we've made an offer, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. I'm very glad to see Alonso might be leaving the shite, they should be hoping for third place but that's gonna come under threat I think if Alonso goes.

Man City move for Leeds teenager

Manchester City have entered the race to sign Leeds United's highly rated midfielder Fabian Delph.

Aston Villa and Everton have also been linked with the 19-year-old left-sided player, who was withdrawn from Leeds' friendly with Burnley on Saturday.

"We have an interest in the situation," said City boss Mark Hughes after their 1-1 friendly away draw with Barnsley.

City's interest in Delph is a surprise given their summer spending spree has targeted experienced internationals.

During the summer transfer window City have spent close to £100m in signing the likes of Kolo Toure, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Gareth Barry and Emmanuel Adebayor.

"He is a young player who has been brought to our attention," said Hughes of City's interest in Delph, who is likely to command a transfer fee of in excess of £6m.

I'm not sure where we are up to with that because obviously I have been busy with the game."

Delph won the Football League's Young Player of the Year award last season.

His form, which secured an England Under-21s debut in November, established him as one of the stars of a League One campaign that ended in play-off semi-final defeat to Millwall.

Although he signed a four-year deal at Elland Road in September, speculation linking him with a move to the top flight has continued with Leeds denying in June that Everton had made a bid.

from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8143153.stm

I've heard good things about Delph but - Man City?

I'd hope that if he were to go it might be to somewhere like Villa or Everton but if City are really interested (it's hard to tell, is there a player they're not linked to nowadays?) then we should try and tack on a 1 before that 6. Then we'd do business. :shifty:

Ultimately this would be pocket change, and I'm sure that if he fails they'd recoup at least £5m from him by selling him to a Bolton further down the line, the difference is that if this guy really does turn out as good as they say he is then he could be a solid replacement for Barry in the next five years.

In other news, Newcastle reject a £10m offer for Bassong from Spurs...

WHAT? We spent 300k on him and we won't get an offer that ludicrous again this window. He's going to go because he's far better than our team... but I heard Newcastle's valuation of him was only £4m. Either they know something or this is going to backfire horribly.

Apparently United are interested in David Silva and there could be talks before the friendly this week, although as usual, that's really just early rumours so no clue if there's any real truth to it. Quite surprising, not sure how I'd feel about that one, depends on the pricing really. I don't rate him as highly as some, but certainly an interesting prospect.