The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Why is everybody laughing at Zamora for 5 million? I'd say 3 is more round the mark, but in today's world of football, it's not exactly terrible pricing and he's not the worst player. I've never liked him a great deal, but he's a good player for a team like Hull so I don't actually get why everybody is laughing at it :/

£5m for Bobby Zamora in any market is laughable, and £3m isn't much better.

Why is everybody laughing at Zamora for 5 million? I'd say 3 is more round the mark, but in today's world of football, it's not exactly terrible pricing and he's not the worst player. I've never liked him a great deal, but he's a good player for a team like Hull so I don't actually get why everybody is laughing at it :/

It's because Bobby Zamora is one of the worst strikers in the Premier League. Every time I watch a Fulham game he's just crap, even if they win.

And I'll be gutted if Lescott goes to Man City...no Jags for a few months and then add Lescott? Everton will have to act quick and must be allowed to spend all this money on a replacement.

We've just bought a 21 year old striker called Mame Biruf Diouf that will join us in January apparently. Never heard of the guy but he seems to have a good goalscoring record and Fergie says they've been watching him for two years so he must be a bit decent.

Here is said player scoring the "perfect hat-trick".

I like him already. He could turn out to be shit, but Sky Sports seem to think teams like Arsenal and PSV were also interested.

I really hope Everton don't sell Lescott, and I don't think they will. Yeah, they could get a good chunk of money for him if it's City buying him, but Lescott is a solid back and really helps hold that back up together with Jag. And like it was said, without Jag for the first few months, and losing Lescott, Everton would be pretty fucked. This is a team that needs its back line and Howard to hold the team together; a striking unit with Yakubu and Saha and Jo isn't going to strike too much fear into the hearts of the other team, especially when Yakubu is coming off of a nasty injury and Saha's always on the medic table.

Gunter looks to be off to Forest for £1.75m. I'd have liked to keep him a bit longer and perhaps send him out on a season long loan to them but he wasn't a big part of the team anyway.

Barca and Inter are discussing a deal that would swap Ibrahimovic and Eto'o. Keep Zlatan, Inter!

We've just bought a 21 year old striker called Mame Biruf Diouf that will join us in January apparently. Never heard of the guy but he seems to have a good goalscoring record and Fergie says they've been watching him for two years so he must be a bit decent.

Manucho says hello! Sold off to Valladolid!

Also, Ibrahimovic and Eto'o swap deal, who comes off the better? I say Barca.

Barry Ferguson has signed for Birmingham. Good bit of business for Rangers really, he was way past his best, nice to get rid of him.

He had a peak? :o

Barry Ferguson has signed for Birmingham. Good bit of business for Rangers really, he was way past his best, nice to get rid of him.

I think he needs the change, I won't be surprised if he does really well for Brum.

I would laugh my arse off if he was any good down there!

Manucho was an odd signing, at 27 years old there wasn't really time for him to develop...It was a bad move signing him just because of a good tournament. I am sure he'll do alright at Valladolid though..he's not a bad player just not good enough for the top teams.

Manuho barely cost us anything, so it wasn't much of a risk.

Also, Ibrahimovic and Eto'o swap deal, who comes off the better? I say Barca.

In what way? Eto'o has a far better goalscoring record than Ibrahimovic, especially in the Champions League (Zlatan has never scored in the knockout stages). Ibrahimovic is inconsistent in Italy, god only knows how he'll fare in Spain.

Even if he does brilliantly, Inter still get a world class striker, and €40m, and Hleb on loan. They come out much, much better.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

Well, see I'll be honest with you here, I didn't know Hleb was going on loan, nor did I know about this money. I literally thought it was a straight swap, I hadn't read anymore on the matter. I think Ibrahimovic will do better in Spain, and I think he adds something new to Barca. I have no issues with Eto'o at all, but Barca made the right move shipping off Ronaldinho perhaps they have done the same with Eto'o.

Picking up Hleb is a big bonus for Inter though, and that money could come in handy.

Why did Guardiola even want to get rid of Eto'o or was it Eto'o fighting for a move. I remember reading last year that he didn't like the attitudes shown by Ronaldinho and Eto'o but if thats the case, why would he move for another egotistical striker who would command even bigger wages but with less goals?

Edited by Dynamite

Guest Ringmaster
Gunter looks to be off to Forest for £1.75m. I'd have liked to keep him a bit longer and perhaps send him out on a season long loan to them but he wasn't a big part of the team anyway.

Barca and Inter are discussing a deal that would swap Ibrahimovic and Eto'o. Keep Zlatan, Inter!

Not to worry! We have two more right-backs coming from Sheff Yoo :shifty:

Also, apparently we're in for Negredo! I hope Pav and Bent don't leave as much as the next guy, but Negredo is wonderful. He's tall, he's strong, he is a temperamental, arrogant bastard and he scores a lot of goals. I am fearful, however, 'cause he plays just like a certain Mr. Postiga :shifty:.

Why did Guardiola even want to get rid of Eto'o or was it Eto'o fighting for a move. I remember reading last year that he didn't like the attitudes shown by Ronaldinho and Eto'o but if thats the case, why would he move for another egotistical striker who would command even bigger wages but with less goals?

Because Zlatan + Barca = Rape. Essentially. Ibrahimovic scored around 20 goals with a midfield that consists of a bunch of over-the-hill AMCs, a bunch of wingers that aren't really any good and a bunch of defensive midfielders hitting long balls at him. The way I look at it, with the way he holds up the ball, he could free up Xavi and Iniesta to raise hell against defenses, not to mention Messi and Henri. He may bottle big games and he not score as many as Eto'o, but he'll mesh better with the Barca system and he'll help enhance the attack.

Inter, though, should be worrying; while Eto'o can score goals, he's pure goalscorer and not much else beyond that. Unless Hleb joins Inter as well, they're going to have trouble winning as many games.