The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Also Everton signed this one American player from the div. 5 in the US. I have never heard of him aside from the fact a few MLS clubs were sniffing.

Anton Peterlin. Impressive in a trial earlier in the year I believe. Will be interesting to see if he makes it or whether he just ends up with the team, then released.

Pretty sure Sunderland have been chasing and negotiating over Bent for quite a while now anyways.

But then Harry doesn't really like us and will probably let him go to Blackburn if he had a say in the matter, unless of course we give him Kenwyne Jones.

I'm surprised he's staying-he's a wonderful shot stopper, it could've been 5-5 at half time in our match at your place if it weren't for the keepers in January. I think some of your better players (Saganowski, Rasiak, BWP) may still leave though, even now your future is secure.

Guest Ringmaster

I do like Vieiri on trial with Blackburn. He's lost his pace and all that, but he's still a good poacher. Could get around 7-10 goals a season from the bench, and he's so desperate to play he won't cost much. I remember last year, he was on 5000 euros a month but with a 100k euro goal bonus. Fun times!

Also, the Bordeaux chairman's reaction to alleged Sunderland interest in Marouane Chamakh wa wonderful. I like Sunderland, but beautiful!

And lol phil brown. Yes, I too was once rejected by an old lady, but it was after some consideration! I was so proud.

Has the Vieri stuff become official? Spending the entire season with them? That'll certainly be interesting. It could either work wonders or flop hugely to be honest. The guy has proven himself at times in the past, but obviously been criticised over the last few years. If he doesn't start throwing a strop like he used to (although he hasn't for a while I believe) and can get his fitness to a decent level, then I think he could do well. Sam could possibly get the best out of him as well. I could certainly see him getting a fair few goals, possibly a few important ones as well. No doubt he'll have some interesting battles with the Premiership defenders as well, should be very interesting.

And seriously, what is this bollocks that Ribery could be heading to Liverpool? That just gave me a giggle.

Pennant is off to Spain! Am I the only one this seems random to?

Winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Spanish club Real Zaragoza after being released by Liverpool.

The 26-year-old signed a three-year deal following a medical, becoming the Spanish club's first summer signing.

"I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe, but joined Real Zaragoza," Pennant told the Primera Liga club's website.

"I really want to get started and do well in the league," added Pennant, who went on loan to Portsmouth last season.

The former England Under-21 winger, who played just four times for Liverpool last season, impressed for the Reds in the 2007 Champions League final defeat by AC Milan but found opportunities increasingly limited from then on.

Pennant began his career with Notts County and made headlines when Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger paid £2m for him as a 15-year-old in 1999.

But he failed to live up to expectations at the Gunners, and was loaned out to Watford, Leeds and Birmingham before joining the Blues in a £3m deal in 2005.

He moved to Liverpool in 2006 for a fee of £6.7m, and made 81 appearances for the club.

I used to really like Pennant, even got him on my home shirt when he signed, but the little shit rejected moves to Madrid because of wages, and I read somewhere he wanted to make sure Liverpool didn;t get a fee for him. What a cunt.

The Ribery to Liverpool thing has got to be bollocks, but part of me desperatly wants to believe it's true despite rationally knowing we have no chance in hell of signing him. Would be awesome if we did though...

I do like it when players move abroad instead of settling for shit like Birmingham or West Brom. Well played, Jermaine. Hope it goes well.

EDIT: I would like it to be known that I possess no ill feeling towards the West Midlands region in the light of this post.

EDIT 2: :shifty:

Edited by Pesci