The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Bellamy would be an amazing loan deal to a team like Blackburn, and would be seen as less of a failure than to just give him away (like I think they're trying to do with Jo... by pretending that he isn't a Man City player ¬_¬)

He did his job, score goals when they needed them... now they've replaced him and he can go and bugger off to Bolton ¬_¬

Bellamy would be an amazing loan deal to a team like Blackburn, and would be seen as less of a failure than to just give him away (like I think they're trying to do with Jo... by pretending that he isn't a Man City player ¬_¬)

He did his job, score goals when they needed them... now they've replaced him and he can go and bugger off to Bolton ¬_¬

Bellamy would be nice for Blackburn but I just came up with another good one; Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. I'm pretty sure he's free now and he's still a decent player....good target man.

Edit: Tevez has been in the UK since 2006 and still needs a translator, it's quite sad really.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Bellamy would be nice for Blackburn but I just came up with another good one; Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. I'm pretty sure he's free now and he's still a decent player....good target man.

Edit: Tevez has been in the UK since 2006 and still needs a translator, it's quite sad really.

We are fine for target men, especially if Vieri joins. It's ones with pace we need.

Sunderland have had a fee of 12M accepted for Peter Crouch, and are talking with him now. I'd be happy with that signing, even if it seems a little pricey.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8150934.stm

Look at the second picture. How ugly is that girl? >_>

Edited by I'm Bringing Bigal Back

Looks like Sunderland will have their big man. It's been rumoured today that Spurs turned down a £14m offer from them for Bent because we want to recoup the £16.7m we paid Charlton for him. Either we're pricing teams out of a move because we want to keep him (which would be great) or we're being highly unrealistic.

Edited by AD

Sunderland have had a fee of 12M accepted for Peter Crouch, and are talking with him now. I'd be happy with that signing, even if it seems a little pricey.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8150934.stm

Look at the second picture. How ugly is that girl? >_>

Doesn't surprise me Carton House is in Maynooth which is where I go to University. It's full of ugly children. :shifty:

Looks like Sunderland will have their big man. It's been rumoured today that Spurs turned down a £14m offer from them for Bent because we want to recoup the £16.7m we paid Charlton for him. Either we're pricing teams out of a move because we want to keep him (which would be great) or we're being highly unrealistic.

Harry does also hate us. Wouldn't shock me to see him move to another team for £12-14m to be honest.

Crouch will be interesting, can still see him bottling it and going to Fulham - and that's fair enough if he wants to go back to London. Would be interesting him and KJ up front though.

Still think we need to sign a striker, there's a lot of interest in Crouch it seems and it looks like the Bent move might be off so would be interesting to see what will come of it all.

Also getting Hull to pay £2.5m for Daryl Murphy is funnier than them paying £5m for Zamora.

We wouldn't give him Jones last season. So he's a bit childish now. <_<

And he just doesn't seem to like us in general, it's more to do with the transfer market stuff than a dislike for the club or anything. Plus he still pissed us off when we signed Chim, Steed and Teem and were about to get Kaboul till he took Harry took him out on the town gambling till 4am. I think we were pretty much agreed on Bent but him wanting Kenwyne Jones + cash for him has put us off, that or wanting a full £16m. If we get Crouch for £12m I'd happily see us drop our interest in Bent. Don't think Harry can buy much till he sells so if he's touting Bent off for £16m, I hope he gets stuck at the start of the season with a striker who he's told isn't as good as his wife.

It's not really disliking us, just clashed over transfers and stuff. But he's clashed with Moyes recently over Naughton, and just managers in general. Not surprising given Harry's transfer style but there ya go.

I like Spurs, possibly my "second" team if I was pushed to pick one. But I think Harry's a tosser, especially at this time of year.

Edited by IAceI

The tosser attitude works when you're trying to sign a player that is clearly getting shafted by his current club (a la Crouch from Liverpool) but doesn't work nearly as well when it's a player who's clearly needed by the club currently.

I think Redknapp may well have ruined any chance of him reuniting with Crouch though after telling him of the wonders at Pompey... before jumping off the sinking ship and nearly ruining an entire teams future career.

Guest Ringmaster
GALLAGHER: I DON`T WANT TERRY AT CITY

Posted 16/07/09 16:57

EmailPrintSave

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has exclusively told F365 that he doesn't want Man City to sign John Terry because he's a Cockney cry baby.

City might be willing to shell out £30m for the England captain but massive fan Gallagher would rather they signed Joleon Lescott.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," Gallagher told F365. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby.

"He's also a Cockney and he'd absolutely be coming just for the money."

Gallagher would also pass on a move for Emmenual Adebayor, saying: "I hope it falls through.

"I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag - I prefer a swift handshake and back to the game.

"We've got Roque Santa Cruz who can do a job in the same position."

When asked which footballer Mark Hughes should target next, Gallagher said pragmatically: "Joleon Lescott - he's a good centre half who's getting better. Either him or Matty Upson would do for me."

Always lovely opinions. Who could ever forget his random rant on Tim Cahill and Australia a few years back!?

Terry is not allowed to come for the money, all those other players are fine, but not Terry!

Also, now that Daryl fucking Murphy has turned down Hull, who can they possibly panic buy below him? Maybe they should buy Beckford!

Why is everybody laughing at Zamora for 5 million? I'd say 3 is more round the mark, but in today's world of football, it's not exactly terrible pricing and he's not the worst player. I've never liked him a great deal, but he's a good player for a team like Hull so I don't actually get why everybody is laughing at it :/