Left 4 Dead 2

The Kraig

• 2 weeks later...

GameTrailers TV with Gabe Newell

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/67?ch=1&sd=0

Some new weapons can be seen in this video (including an AK47, a Katana and a grenade launcher!), plus the new Special Infected called The Spitter is seen for like 2 seconds (image of it here). They also show some new footage of the extra campaign (Crash Course) coming out for the first game, which will be 2 maps only (instead of the normal 5 maps).

Edited by SJay068

• 1 month later...

scavenge_02-1072009-580px.jpg

Valve took the wraps off Left 4 Dead 2's brand-new competitive multiplayer game type, "Scavenge," at a press event in San Francisco this evening. According to the developer, this mode is built purely for "quick, more frantic gameplay." (Yes, L4D actually can be more frantic).

Scavenge has the four survivor characters scrambling to collect gas cans from various spots in a confined location -- in this case a motel, pictured -- in order to fuel up a generator before a two-minute timer expires. There are 16 cans total and 20 seconds are added to the clock for each one that's successfully retrieved.

Four other players, controlling Special Infected, must do their best to stop the cans from reaching the goal. The two new Special Infected, Spitters and Jockeys, really excel in this mode. The former can set dropped cans on fire, while the latter can leap onto the shoulders of a survivor, "steering" them away from their goal.

These best two-out-of-three matches are broken up into three rounds, during the "half time" of which players switch sides. Valve confirmed that each of L4D2's campaigns has a unique Scavenge map, for a total of six shipping with the game on November 17.

-Joystiq

That sounds like an incredible new addition. A lot of people were bitching that it's too soon for a sequel, and with it coming so soon after the new D:C support would pretty much be dropped. Valve has said it was because the things they wanted to do couldn't be added through DLC, and this is evidence. I can't wait another day, but guess I have to.

:angry:

And the new screens look gorgeous.

Edited by Captain Eo

That sounds wonderful, I'm so happy I've come back to the 360.

I still want a tweak on survival mode and I hope they redid the Director so Versus mode isn't incredibly predictable. It should be every match, you're going to see a set number of tanks, witches, advanced weapons and health, but when they show up is completely random.

I agree 100% with Maxx about the Director. After the patch, Versus kinda.....sucked.

It made me feel good when we managed to beat a team even though they got more tanks/witches than us!

As for the new mode....not sure how I feel about it just it. Will have to give it a try. And a Jocky infected? lol.

It was awesome before, because of the whole "WTF is going to happen next" factor. You could be doing amazingly well kicking a team's ass and then run into 3 or 4 tanks on one level and have it be close because of it.

Also I remember reading on IGN that it was either L4D2 or MW2 that wouldn't be having a demo before the game came out. Probably MW2 now that I recall, so hopefully they release one at one point before it comes out. Still getting it regardless.

The demo is out like October 26th or something, pre-orderers get it early, not exactly sure when. I assume a week.

Hmm, seems that it's October 27th and that is the early date for pre-order folk. Wonder when us normies get it.