Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

They just need to lift the pointless restrictions on the Create-a-Story mode and add some more features and that will fix the problem with career mode. Who needs the stuff THQ puts in when you can make your own story?

I used that more as a guide of what you can do, and since I'm really lazy and pedantic with this sort of thing, I enjoyed being able to just play through a story. Obviously RTWM should be further expanded though, it's very popular each year and an interesting way to get unlockables. The challenges are hard to do, but are still possible if you know what you're doing.

Who else would it be? Josh Matthews? JR, Tazz, King and Cole were all definitely where they were in the game.

I just don't remember seeing them when I played 2010 ages back, I loaded up the Cyber Sunday arena and there they were.

There's a lot of things that the Smackdown vs. Raw series needs to make their games more than a two-month thing.

Obviously story mode... well, they need to find something. RTWM works, ish, but it's short and you feel tied down considering there's only a select amount of characters. Meanwhile, season mode is just pointless. They have something with Create a Story, but they need to expand upon it.

The AI has improved, ish, but it's still not all too amazing. It's serviceable, but eventually you get good at the game and playing matches gets pretty boring playing single player. It's fun multiplayer locally, but like other games, you usually are too good and other people hate you for it. Online multiplayer is a joke.

The game DEFINITELY, dear Christ definitely, needs new motion-capturing. There's still animations from the first Smackdown games. It's pathetic, really. They need PROPER motion capturing, and more than one or two animations used for EVERY SINGLE WRESTLER when they sell moves, or do moves. It's a lot of work to get every wrestler motion captured, but they could at least a good amount of wrestlers/styles done. Not every luchadore is Rey Mysterio, and despite both being big, Batista and The Big Show definitely don't move in the same way.

Though they obviously cannot keep rosters totally up to date considering how much the roster changes and how often, the game feels outdated quickly and it doesn't help things. DLC and the Smackdown series is fucking abysmal. Of course, though, why would you release DLC when you can hold out until the next year's version and add people?

They did a lot of good things this year by improving AI, making presentation quite honestly amazing, adding moves, streamlining the CAW system and making creatable logos, but they definitely still have a shit-ton of work to do to really get it to be sustainable. Why do I still play No Mercy and Fire Pro Wrestling? Because despite being disgustingly outdated, not even coming close in terms of graphics or presentation, and frankly Fire Pro having no commentary or match options to speak of, the gameplay is awesome, fun, and it's long-lasting. The gameplay can nearly perfectly recreate a wrestling match, and it can be fun as hell. Obviously massive customization helps Fire Pro, but my point still stands.

So, fix the core gameplay and animation system and maybe this game will have more life to it. All the rest is fluff, and fluff they do well enough.

I also only found out a week ago that the targeting system can be set to manual so I can attack who I want, when I want. The amount of three-ways I'd stamp on the downed person as I try kick the other guy I've wasted.

Also, it has been platinumed. Go me. Can't believe I had to replay through Mickie's boring RTWM to unlock the last thing I needed: an alternate (read: generic) attire for Brian goddamn Kendrick.

Edited by TheModernWay