Confederations Cup

Hobo

Yeah they are definatly sending a weaker team to the Gold Cup although it still should be a team that should win, here is the preliminary roster obviously this needs to be cut down but I am sure that we will see some of the guys that havent played much like Guzan, Adu, and Torres on the final roster.

GOALKEEPERS: Brad Guzan, Marcus Hahnemann, Luis Robles, Troy Perkins

DEFENDERS: Jonathan Bornstein, Dan Califf, Steve Cherundolo, Jay Demerit, Clarence Goodson, Eric Lichaj, Chad Marhsall, Michael Orozco, Heath Pearce, Michael Parkhurst, Marvell Wynne.

MIDFIELDERS: Freddy Adu, Davy Arnaud, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Eddie Gaven, Stuart Holden, Pablo Mastroeni, Robbie Rogers, John Thorrington, Jose Francisco Torres,

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore, Conor Casey, Kenny Cooper, Charlie Davies, Jeremiah White

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the highlight (gotta love the BBC online service) and congrats to the USA. I remember working at their match in the Olympics where they got knocked out and it truly knocked them for six and they seemed an honest bunch of lads.

Gotta say though, that was barely a free kick - let alone a red card.

In hindsight this might show them they are not invisible and just pretty much encourage them to make sure they rape everyone else.

And the secret of Spain's success is unearthed!

As for the game, it remains to be said.....there IS only one Clint Dempsey >_>

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!! USA 1-0

I'm happy 'cause I want the underdogs to win but I'm afraid we're going to have to hear ignorant Americans talk about how they are dominating "soccer" even though they don't give a shit about it. Ofcourse it would be a great achievement if they won the tournament but it doesn't even compare to a World or Euro Cup, but tell that to Americans who don't know anything about football but only know they won a championship.

I'm happy 'cause I want the underdogs to win but I'm afraid we're going to have to hear ignorant Americans talk about how they are dominating "soccer" even though they don't give a shit about it.

To be fair, while I'm not going to pretend to be anything more than a casual fan, Seattle's becoming a pretty big soccer/football town. We really needed a new sport to fill the gap of the Sonics' departure and the Mariners' continual disappointing state, and Sounders FC is filling that void.

And yeah, wow, that play was tremendous. I'm glad I tuned in in time to see that.