Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

So... I guess Macheda isn't your knight in shining armour afterall...

It's funny how everyone but the United fans seem to talk about Macheda day in and day out. I don't think a single one of us expects Macheda to score every time he plays, while all our rival fans want to take shots at him for not doing his heroics once again. I mean, fuck, even a British commentator (whose name I can't remember) said Bendtner's late winner against Hull City was Arsenal's "Macheda moment", so it's not us who have turned the kid into such a big deal - it's everyone else.

• Like 2

We can only get a max of 68 points now. City are currently on 62 with a game in hand and Tottenham are on 58 with 2 games in hand, while Citys game in hand is against Tottenham you can say the max that City can get is 77 points and Spurs can get 76 points. So it shows just how hard it is now for us to get 4th

So... I guess Macheda isn't your knight in shining armour afterall...

It's funny how everyone but the United fans seem to talk about Macheda day in and day out. I don't think a single one of us expects Macheda to score every time he plays, while all our rival fans want to take shots at him for not doing his heroics once again. I mean, fuck, even a British commentator (whose name I can't remember) said Bendtner's late winner against Hull City was Arsenal's "Macheda moment", so it's not us who have turned the kid into such a big deal - it's everyone else.

I guess my problem is that whenever I hear the phrase "Machada should play instead of Berbatov" I mistake a criticism of Berbatov for a general fellation of Macheda.

And I know it's not you personally, but a lot of Manchester United fans that I know would rather play Macheda all the time that Rooney is out and hope for the best than play Berbatov. <_<

I'd prefer Berbatov all day long, if he actually got himself into the box. It seems whenever he moves into a central position up top, he gets a chance to score. It happened against Chelsea last week and late on against Blackburn in this game.

It's very frustrating seeing him standing out wide, playing a ball to Valencia so that he can put a cross in, when there's no point because we don't have a striker in there. :/

Beautiful rumours on talksport that Aaron Lennon is at the ground with his little player wash bag, looking ready to play at least a small part today. :wub:

Ledley King playing too....Dawson/King at the back will do me, as will Corluka and Lennon for at least a short while down the right.

Just a shame that useless Wiley booked Palacios wrongly on Sunday. :angry:

• Like 1

Watching the highlights from yesterday, how the fuck did Bolton not get at least one penalty?! As Owen Coyle said, Drogba's was like a volleyball shot!

No idea. Maybe the Powers That Be want Chelsea to win the league just as much as they wanted Chelsea not to win the Champions League. :shifty:

It is still possible. Incredibly unlikely, but Spurs proved at the weekend they're more than capable of bottling it when the pressure is on and given Tevez's comments it all seems a little uneasy at City.

Very few Liverpool fans expect fourth, the only ones that do are the small gaggle of idiots that think we're still the force we were twenty plus years ago.