The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

You sort of feel sorry for Gillingham

From the story that they gave, it seems as though it was an absolute accident.

The player thought it was only his 9th booking. The FA website didn't update the previous set of results so when the club went online it said he'd only had 8 before this...

And now they are relegated :/

Erm...Hartlepool had the deduction, Gillingham went down...because they haven't won an away game all season and are shit.

So, yeah. :lol:

Unhappy that Leeds are up obviously but will be interesting having them back next season. I just hope they aren't all arrogant bastards still who think they're the best team in the world and 'deserve to play in the Premier League'. Commiserations to Grimsby but not to those awful 'fans' that ripped up the Pirelli Stadium yesterday-pathetic behaviour, very bitter losers.

• 2 weeks later...

funny, I could have sworn Grant was one of the few good things to come out of Portsmouth this season. He did a very commendable job with Pompey this season deserves alot of credit. He's being considered for the West Ham job and the Twente one. Hope he gets the Twente one, nobody deserves to go from Portsmouth to Gold and Sullivan in consecutitve jobs, that would be just mean.

Edited by Hugobombski
  • Like 1

And my Summer has officially started :D

It should be a brilliant laugh watching Pompey's players all hop off the bandwagon one at a time.

Because this is a team that should have been the first Premier League team to be wound up mid season, yet still brought in players in January :/

Now Pompey fans might finally understand that their team isn't going to stick with them, and that David James et all aren't going to take 20k+ wage cuts to play Championship football.

Didn't David James just sign a new contract? Or did I imagine that? :huh:

Edit: Nevermind, they were offered new contracts. Silly me.

Edited by Pepsi Twist

• Admin

David James apparently wants to be the player/manager? We'll see.

Championship play-off final today. I'd love Olly in the Prem. the guy is hilarious and a decent manager. However I do have a soft spot for Cardiff and they really do have to win becuase of their financial problems. Plus I reckon they'd adapt better than Blackpool. Cardiff to win.

I don't mind who wins today...Cardiff maybe need this to ensure they are clear of financial trouble, and I've wanted to see how they'd do in the top flight for a few years. That said, Blackpool making the Premier League would show that clubs the size of ourselves are capable of making it to the Premier League. Both of these sides were in the fourth tier within the last 9 years so it's great to see that teams can go from that level to the top.

Oh Cardiff :( such bitter disappointment. Blackpool played so well today though, don't see them doing much in the Premier League but hey they deserve to be there now and well done to them.