The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Grimsby Town are relegated. Not officially yet, but we need 9 out of 9 points and for Lincoln and Barnet (the latter we're playing at home next I believe) to lose all their games. So yeah, we're fucked. Fucked fucked fucked.

The behaviour of the Town fans today was disgusting and summed everything up about them. Want to know why Town never get any results at home? Because the fans give their own players grief instead of the opposition. It's amazing. During the first home game of the season against Crewe, fans were acting as if they were witnessing the apocalypse ten minutes in, at 0-0. We lost that game 4-0. Gee, I wonder why. It's as if Grimsby Town fans - made up of all fucking losers in life, drunks, drug addicts, and small children calling everyone a cunt - think they're entitled to be in a better position just because we were in the Championship once. So were Luton and Cambridge United, these things happen. If you're not an Arsenal or Manchester United, your position in the Football League structure can go haywire. Look at Bradford, they've gone four divisions down. But has their support gone? No, they still bring in about 15000 people a game. Not a sell out, but that's more than enough people. So Grimsby Town fans chanted "you shit bastard" at our players, and lobbed coins at Torquay's goalkeeper. Curse that goalkeeper because he... had to make a save once, after the coin stuff happened. And after the final whistle, a pitch invasion commenced. God knows what happened then as I'd left the stadium.

I don't want to support Grimsby Town anymore because the fans are unappreciative cunts. Whether or not they go up this season, I'm changing my alligence (sp?) to York City. They wave flags at the beginning of matches, chant for half an hour straight, set off flares at Wembley Italian football style, and show individual affection/banter for every last player. The only time they come close to being negative is if the scoreline is minimal and the match is tense towards the end, like any other fan of any other team would be. At least they know how to support their team.

I hate fans who have a go at their own players and team, it does absolutely no good. Fortunately our boo-boys are at a minimum atm (as they should be, were higher than we've been in 50+ years, nearly ever.) but it is really counter-productive.

Congratulations are in order for Norwich, Rochdale and Notts County, but I expect Notts County to last precisely one year, they've gone up with players they can't afford and it doesn't look like they'll be keeping them. Hasn't Luke Rodgers already signed to leave the club at the end of the season?

I hate fans who have a go at their own players and team, it does absolutely no good. Fortunately our boo-boys are at a minimum atm (as they should be, were higher than we've been in 50+ years, nearly ever.) but it is really counter-productive.

Congratulations are in order for Norwich, Rochdale and Notts County, but I expect Notts County to last precisely one year, they've gone up with players they can't afford and it doesn't look like they'll be keeping them. Hasn't Luke Rodgers already signed to leave the club at the end of the season?

He's off to New York to play in Major 'League' Soccer.

Only now will we (Newcastle) realise that the key to our trophy cabinet has been missing since the Thatcher years. :shifty:

We secured survival with a 2-2 draw against Reading tonight, with our two goals coming in the 83rd and 89th minutes to come back from 2-0 down. It was amazing, and I now hope we can tie up contract renewals with key players, as our chairman was waiting to see what division we will be in next season It's a really fantastic achievement.

Absolutely delighted for you, good to have more smaller teams in the division and I think Scunny go about football in the right way.

Plus, I didn't wanna have to be facing you on saturday with you in a relegation battle. Now you've got nothing to play for should make it a more relaxed game, would love to end the home season on a win too, since we've gone on a bad run lately, one win in 9 at home or something.

Great achievement by Eddie Howe, good to see Bournemouth recovering from their recent struggle to go up. Also am gutted for Southend going down, always liked them and thought they'd join us in the Championship the year after we knocked them out in the play-offs.

Thrilling game we had yesterday, last minute goal to get a 4-3 local derby win, probably the most entertaining game of the season. We're close to securing a top half finish now, which would be a massive achievement by O'Driscoll and the boys.

I don't think he's good enough to play for Liverpool but maybe he can be developed enough to become a good player at this level. He's only 18 so it's definitely a possibility, he is a good player who could easily play in the Championship at this stage.

Edited by AdamDRFC