The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Don't know why you were worried, Plymoputh hadn't won a game and were bottom of the league (still haven't and still are!). Plus they had like a 50000 hour journey just to get there, takes it out of ya does that.

It was RAINING goals today, two 3-3 draws in the Championship, plus 3-2 wins for Peterborough, Preston and Sheff Utd yesterday. The only boring place to be was Barnsley!

Clearly everyones working ridiculously hard (barring Nicky Butt) to get their name on the back of my forthcoming 3rd shirt. 4 - Chubs almost managed to edge it today over my current first choice 2- Collyccini. Sticking with it methinks.

I don't really rate Todd but I question the point in him leaving so early in the season. Some muppets think you'll get someone like Paul Jewell in when I wouldn't be surprised to see Windass take over. :lol: Hope you turn it around though, always liked Darlo.

Keith Stroud is a right cretin. Worst refereeing I've ever seen yesterday in our game at Scunthorpe, he completely lost all control of the game and ruined the derby for me. Annoyingly, he got the big decisions (both penalties and our red cards) correct, but stupid stuff like booking Martin Woods for having a drink and making Joe Murphy retake a goal kick three times was just ridiculous.

I don't really rate Todd but I question the point in him leaving so early in the season. Some muppets think you'll get someone like Paul Jewell in when I wouldn't be surprised to see Windass take over. :lol: Hope you turn it around though, always liked Darlo.

Some muppets being the mong who emailed into the Football League Show? They're clearly an idiot and that isn't representative of general opinion amongst Darlo fans. And Windass isn't getting the job, he's leaving too.

And what people from the outside don't seem to realise is just how awful we've been this season. 2 points from 27 is shite no matter what, we never look like scoring, and we haven't even come close to looking like winning a game this season. The chairman has done right to make the change now while there's still time than to waste more time with a manager who just does not have what it takes.

Wahey, couldn't even beat frigging Macclesfield.

And some of the names been floated around our message board regarding managers are equal parts hilarious and terrifying. According to more than one pretty reliable source, Steve Staunton applied and has already been interviewed for the job.

-edit-

Aaaaand Staunton got the job. Not sure about him at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess he had to go, but I've always liked Mike Newell, probably because he was part of the first strikeforce I ever witnessed at the Rovers. Any idea who is up for the post Grimsby?

Neil Woods is the caretaker manager now. He'll get a miraculous victory on Saturday, get hired, and then flop. That always happens. I'm surprised Mike Newell got the job in the first place to be honest, because we're typically adamant about hiring within the existing hierarchy of the club (eg: Paul Groves, Stuart Watkiss), or bringing back a blast from the past (Alan Buckley).

If we go for the blast from the past route, I'll bet on Clive Mendonca or John McDermott.

Why do I get the feeling Newcastle have never been for sale at any point during the summer and that it was all just another big con?