The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

The problem is, you'd need a team and manager with balls of steel to criticize something like this and get something out of it. I'm sure someone could come up with a legal challenge against the FA, but if I'm right in thinking so, the FA have the right to expel teams from leagues if they disagree with the terms that were set out at the beginning of the season.

It's a lose-lose situation, teams that can afford to be relegated will have absolutely no influence on such a decision, whilst teams with influence can't afford to be relegated will begrudgingly accept what's going on.

Wasn't it Norwich who once consulted the vast fountain of tactical knowledge that was Glen Roeder? I'm tempted to pick them as my second team just to see one hell of a trainwreck happen before my very eyes.

Which should distract me from the inevitable trainwreck which will happen to Newcastle <_<

Despite my dislike of Bristol City, it seems Crystal Palace really are just shit out of luck. It's a shame and I will never understand how the referee never saw it was a goal (coincidentally, who uses goals like that anymore? It's not kids football). They should have replayed the game in my eyes. However, it's hard to sympathise with the perpetual moaner that is Neil Warnock, even at the expense of City.

Is it just me, or do you not actually need a camera and a 10 second pause to sort that kind of thing out? Couldn't you just put those things that you have in shop doorways to spot scummy kids nicking stuff, with a tag in the ball, and when it goes between the posts it goes beep? I know its probably not that simple, but when a computer can beep when a tennis ball is marginally out surely a ball going 3 feet over the line is easy done?

Oh, and new look board is ugh...

Cor I was so angry when I read the news about Lambert today, showed no loyalty to Colchester whatsoever and by resiging denied Colchester getting compensation from Norwich and then took the backroom staff with him! Very happy to see us beat the Gills and Norwich lose away though :D, think Lambert will get a lot of stick when Norwich come down later this season.

Its gonna take time for the squad to gel. Give it a while, but if you do come down to the Blue Square, be thankful your still a club at all. Thats what it is like for us at the moment after all the crap we've faced, we're having a new start and rebuilding. Not going bad so far unbeaten in our first four games. You'll stay up anyway....theres far worse sides than you out there.

I really think Grimsby are screwed this season-they only stayed up last year because three teams got huge points deductions! They've looked dire for a long time now.

I'm hoping the Newcastle firesale continues in the next two weeks! Duff has gone, so who else is likely to follow him out of the door? Jonas? Enrique? Coloccini? Smith!? I don't really fancy going to St. James' Park and facing their current squad in October!

I really think Grimsby are screwed this season-they only stayed up last year because three teams got huge points deductions! They've looked dire for a long time now.

Agreed. They have never recovered from the Play-Off Final lost to Cheltenham and the subsequent departure of Russell Slade in 2006. I hope they don't sack Mike Newell out of desperation, but right now, we're fucked, and it's only three games in.

Bristol Rovers doing well considering Lambert (Rickie) has gone. Kuffor and Duffy are good strikers, but having that tall presence really helped. Mind you, Lescott (Aaron) said with Lambert gone they are given more movement on the field than before. Now, if that helps us perform better, great. Up next are Huddersfield who, off the back of a 7-1 mauling of Brighton, are tough to beat on any normal day. This should be interesting.

So far, so good.

I'm hoping the Newcastle firesale continues in the next two weeks! Duff has gone, so who else is likely to follow him out of the door? Jonas? Enrique? Coloccini? Smith!? I don't really fancy going to St. James' Park and facing their current squad in October!

Why? It's shite. There'll be injuries by then and we'll be down to some lemonheads from the reserves. There's no depth at all and the likes of Nolan and Smith are fairly terrible anyway.

Why? It's shite. There'll be injuries by then and we'll be down to some lemonheads from the reserves. There's no depth at all and the likes of Nolan and Smith are fairly terrible anyway.

Hence why I said I didn't fancy playing the current squad. Players like Coloccini, Enrique, Gutierrez, Smith, Nolan and Barton may be 'shite', but compared to the Rovers squad they're big, big names with big experience.

I've already resigned myself to Newcastle coming back up. I suppose it's not bad, go for the worst case scenario and you can't be disappointed.

Also I know it's early doors but I can see the two 0-point teams in Grimsby and Darlington staying there and going down this season. Staying in the bottom two places of course, since both getting 0 points is pretty daft - not to mention physically impossible.