The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Newcastle have added a game against Shamrock Rovers. Hmmm, is it worth the 3 hour journey to go see them at the home of Ireland's scumiest fans? All we get in Cork is fucking Sunderand every fucking year because of Roy fucking Keane!

Edited by The Cool One

So Shamrock have Real and Newcastle in friendlies this year? Pity I live in Waterford. Plus all the tickets in the Real are 60 Euro each with no discounts. Fucking rip off to go to Real's B team with Ronaldo coming for five minutes (I assume). The Newcastle game better be a lot cheaper

What does everybody think of John Barnes taking over at Tranmere, i'm going to miss Ronnie Moore but hopefully someone with Barnes's reputation can help him bring quality to the side so we can push on for at least a play-off place and get back were we rightfully belong The Championship

Newcastle have added a game against Shamrock Rovers. Hmmm, is it worth the 3 hour journey to go see them at the home of Ireland's scumiest fans? All we get in Cork is fucking Sunderand every fucking year because of Roy fucking Keane!

Damn you getting a Premiership team! Damn you!

>_<

So Darlo today announced 10 new signings. We actually have the makings of a squad now! After the past six months it's just great to know I'll still have a team to follow.

Dean Windass

Steve Foster

Ian Miller

David Knight

Gary Smith

Ben Starosta

Craig James

Lee Thorpe

Chris Lumsdon

Jeff Smith

Matty Plummer

James Bennett

I've never been so delighted to sign lower league journeymen in all my life.

Ben Starosta was quality in the lower leagues on Football Manager 2007, so that guarantees he'll be good.

In Newcastle news, nothing's happening. I read a story that a Freddy Shepherd-lead consortium want to sign Newcastle for 60 million. I don't want to believe it though.

In Newcastle news, nothing's happening.

Absolutely not true. Steve Harper turned up early for pre-season training, Obafemi Martins was late and Joey Barton got booed by all of the five fans that showed up.

Speaks volumes. <_<

I'm back in civilisation after a week and find that there is still no news on the Rovers. Ah well. Nearly all of our squad it seems are starting pre-season training after major operations at the end of the season, bodes well.

Damn you getting a Premiership team! Damn you!

>_<

Well considering it's the 3rd year in a row Sunderland are coming and I'm a Newcastle fan, you'd understand my disappointment.

Edited by The Cool One

• 4 weeks later...
So Darlo today announced 10 new signings. We actually have the makings of a squad now! After the past six months it's just great to know I'll still have a team to follow.

Dean Windass

Steve Foster

Ian Miller

David Knight

Gary Smith

Ben Starosta

Craig James

Lee Thorpe

Chris Lumsdon

Jeff Smith

Matty Plummer

James Bennett

I've never been so delighted to sign lower league journeymen in all my life.

Can't say any of those names with the possible exception of Windass would inspire me if I were a Darlington fan. You also have to wonder what kind of wages he'd be on.