The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Newcastle vs. Leeds - Two goliaths of the football league shall collide! Who will be left standing!?

Fixed.

All of our friendlies are lame. I don't wanna go see Grimsby or Armthorpe Welfare, or Wolves who I last saw all of 6 weeks ago.

How come Newcastle get the good teams? Huddersfield, Darlington and Leeds?

We only have Benfica and Atletico in the Amsterdam Cup and then Celtic and Hearts. It's not fair. I want a game with Huddersfield :(

Whilst I know you're being sarcastic, you don't want a game with Huddersfield, they're unbelievably shit (the games, not Huddersfield, although they aren't cracking either).

We played PSV and Valencia last year and we played Juventus at home the year before. I got to see Nedved play in person, and from what I remember, he was absolute quality in the game. Shame Newcastle are so shit that they can't even arrange attractive friendlies now. Although, I remember hearing that conditions of the Coloccini transfer were that we had to play in two pre- season tournaments, so maybe that'll be announced soon.

Hey, the last game I saw involving Huddersfield was amazing. I suspect it's just because they usually beat Leeds :shifty:

We went 2-0 down, made two substitutions after 30 minutes because we were so crap, and proceeded to come back to draw 2-2 with a wonder goal from Paul Green, all of this whilst news of Carlisle losing at Yeovil was at hand. Of course, by the time we got out of the ground we found that Carlisle had come from 1-0 down to win 2-1 and stretch further clear in second place!

To sum up, forget Benfica, Juventus and Huddersfield, one of our friendlies this summer is away at ARMTHORPE WELFARE.

Brian Stock is a great player. He's a leader, he has superb passing, running and distribution skills, and he can shoot from distance with incredible accuracy. He's our best player, but is also plagued by a back injury that he tends to play through, and when he does, he is highly ineffective. I presume you've heard Sunderland are after him? In that case, I think he'd be a decent player in the Premier League, but it really depends who is playing alongside him. Stock is more of a holding midfielder, so you're other central midfielder will need to be one who pushed forward and goes on surging runs. It's why we're so effective when both Stock and Wellens are playing together.

He'll also cost you several million pounds, we aren't letting any of our players go easily.

We played PSV and Valencia last year and we played Juventus at home the year before. I got to see Nedved play in person, and from what I remember, he was absolute quality in the game. Shame Newcastle are so shit that they can't even arrange attractive friendlies now. Although, I remember hearing that conditions of the Coloccini transfer were that we had to play in two pre- season tournaments, so maybe that'll be announced soon.

Nedved was one of the sharper players in a very below par Juve team, although they did rest a few 'stars' like Jean-Alain Boumsong...

I think we were supposed to be playing against Deportivo as part of the Colo deal, but between our lack of any management and no doubt Colo and Xisco ringing them and saying 'don't come, its shit!' the deals probably off. To be fair IAceI there's still a fair chance of at least one more game appearing, and your list of former European greats (and some Jocks) isn't that fantastic.

Amusingly I e-mailed a Boro supporting mate at work today embarassedly telling him our pre-season games, and brilliantly they've topped Darlo, Leeds, Huddersfield with Darlo, Carlisle, Dumbarton. Its all glamour in the Coca Cola leagues.

I think we were supposed to be playing against Deportivo as part of the Colo deal, but between our lack of any management and no doubt Colo and Xisco ringing them and saying 'don't come, its shit!' the deals probably off. To be fair IAceI there's still a fair chance of at least one more game appearing, and your list of former European greats (and some Jocks) isn't that fantastic.

Told you. We've added Dundee :shifty:

Our preseason fixtures have been confirmed:

Sunday July 12 York City v Leeds United 1pm

Tue/Weds July 14/15 Shelbourne v Leeds United*

Friday July 17 Garforth Town v Leeds United XI 7pm

Sat July 18 Glentoran v Leeds United 3pm

Tuesday July 21 Grimsby Town v Leeds 7.30pm

Tuesday July 21 Wealdstone v Leeds United XI 7.45pm

Friday July 24 Farsley Celtic v Leeds United XI 7pm

Saturday July 25 Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers 3pm

Monday July 27 Bradford Park Avenue v Leeds United XI 7pm

Wednesday July 29 Newcastle United v Leeds United 7.45pm

Wednesday July 29 Forest Green Rovers v Leeds United XI 7.45pm

Saturday August 1 Burnley v Leeds United 3pm

One fucking home game, how shit. As far as the away games go, I'm pretty sure we'll be doing Newcastle and I might go to York, Grimsby, Farsley and maybe Burnley. All depends on if who's going to what games though, since only 2/4 of us that go to games can drive and I'm not one of them :P