The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Forgive the American, but what's the average cost of season tickets over there? When I see so many people talking about having season tickets, it blows my mind. But that's because of how insanely expensive season tickets for sports over here is. So would someone mind telling me, on average, what season ticket prices for your football games?

Aren't you starting on -10000? I can't remember if you got points docked last year or what's happened about your CVA but you'll be lucky to start in 0 (hope you do of course).

Oh and you'd have beaten us in the friendly, we never do well in friendlies, ever.

I have no idea what points we'll start on. I'm hoping 0 obviously, but even if we manage to get the CVA through without a hitch we still might be deducted 3 points for being in admin twice? I dunno, I don't really understand half the rules about administration and stuff.

But even assuming we start on 0, I'd still be thrilled with 22nd place.

Forgive the American, but what's the average cost of season tickets over there? When I see so many people talking about having season tickets, it blows my mind. But that's because of how insanely expensive season tickets for sports over here is. So would someone mind telling me, on average, what season ticket prices for your football games?

Mine for this season is £494, down from last season's £545. I sit in the Gallowgate, in area M on the picture.

0,,10278~6067923,00.png

Seating Category 1: £598

Seating Category 2: £494

Leazes Corner: £390

Family Area: £300

Platinum Club: £935 (£850 wings)

Bar 1892: £899 (£750 wings)

Sports Bar: £750

Edited by Ben E.

Aren't you starting on -10000? I can't remember if you got points docked last year or what's happened about your CVA but you'll be lucky to start in 0 (hope you do of course).

Oh and you'd have beaten us in the friendly, we never do well in friendlies, ever.

I have no idea what points we'll start on. I'm hoping 0 obviously, but even if we manage to get the CVA through without a hitch we still might be deducted 3 points for being in admin twice? I dunno, I don't really understand half the rules about administration and stuff.

But even assuming we start on 0, I'd still be thrilled with 22nd place.

It'd be 2 points, I imagine that'll still happen with or without the CVA agreement but I dunno, it hasn't happened yet. Were your points (the -10) docked from last season? If not they'll come off this season too. And then there's the 15 from the CVA if that isn't successful.

Oh and my mate just paid about 350 for a renewed (cheaper than a new applicant) student season ticket in the cheapest stand. I think the prices for new applicants goes upto 650 quid for an adult in the most expensive stand and the cheapest for a new applicant adult is about 480. If you look on the last couple of pages of the 08-09 CocaCola Leagues thread I posted an image with all the prices on.

Bear in mind we're a third division side, too <_<

So Bristol Rovers are starting off at home to Leyton Orient and finishing at Leeds away, which should be a good game.

I'm pleased.

Yay! Home game to finish.

First two games are against Exeter (H) and Wycombe (A), we have to win those, surely. October looks a bitch, Charlton, Norwich, Bristol Rovers and Millwall. Huddersfield in December. Not particularly happy that all the away games I'd like to go to are in the back end of the season.

Quite happy with Leicester's fixtures, opening up at home to Swansea - who might not be settled for the start of the season. Get the away trip against Newcastle out of the way at the end of August, a nice month with three back-to-back local derbies pretty much. Bring on the start of the season. Interesting fact about Leicester is that everytime we have started a season at home at the Walkers (apart from one) we have either gone up or gone down, so should be exciting.

Awww, enjoy the drunken hooligans who have been drinking since Christmas Eve and haven't stopped since. :)

We're not Millwall <_<

Although there will be people that have been drinking for 2 days straight. :shifty:

So my 2009/2010 season is gonna start in the dusty stands of Vicarage Road. Not highly exciting by any means, especially as we then play Preston and Coventry before it gets good. September-October brings local derbies against Barnsley, the Sheffield clubs and Scunthorpe, plus a trip to Newcastle. I'm not too chuffed about having to finish the season with a 9 hour round trip to Swansea though :mellow:

And for the second season in a row we've been given away ties on the first and last days, as well as boxing day. At least boxing day was local last year (Forest), this year we're at Coventry! So I'm definitely not going to that one.

Were your points (the -10) docked from last season? If not they'll come off this season too.

They came off last season, we would have finished in the playoffs without the ten point deduction. >_<

Darlo start away at Aldershot, which is rubbish because it's too far for me to be arsed to go. Rotherham away on Boxing Day should be alright.

And Darlo vs Leeds in the Carling Cup is going to be on Sky, Monday 10th August. :)

Newcastle Friendlies:

Sat 18.07.2009 Darlington (a) @ 12.30pm

Tue 21.07.2009 Huddersfield Town (a) @ 7.45pm

Wed 29.07.2009 Leeds United ( H ) @ 7.45pm

Don't really want to go to any of them.

Edited by Ben E.