2009/2010 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Lakers in 5 or 6, Celtics in 7. Phoenix doesn't have enough to hang with LA, even during their great run to finish the season, they lost to LA at home. Maybe some wishful thinking with Boston, but I'd really like to get some revenge for '08. I also think they match up much better with LA, Orlando would be a repeat of last year, 6 games at most.

I know that Shaq's Magic got swept in their one trip to the Finals, but I'm starting to get the feeling that Howard is the type of player that plays worse the higher the stakes. In the modern NBA, a dominating offensive center seems much more valuable than a guy who dominates on defense.

I feel that a top 3 pick all but seals up LeBron for NJ...

then again this is LeBron we are talking about.

Why would LeBron go to Jersey to play with the existing Nets team plus Derrick Favors or Wes Johnson? If they'd had a top 2 pick and guaranteed themselves either Wall or Turner I could see him going there, but that #3 pick basically eliminated them from the mix.

To be honest, the Nets are probably a fair bit better than their record would indicate though. Courtney Lee, Brook Lopez and Devin Harris are pretty good building blocks, they just don't have a scorer or a very deep bench. If they can get a scorer (and obviously LeBron would be one), they would be in a pretty good position in a fairly weak conference. Add that with the 3rd pick, the fact that they would still have some money to spend on other players and the idea that the owner is willing to throw money at any big name coach out there, I really don't see why it's impossible to think LeBron would want to go there.

I think LeBron to the Nets takes a hit with them not getting the first overall. As a Nets fan.. blah. I'm just hoping Turner somehow drops to #3 because Turner plus our young core and some FA pickups would be a team worth watching.

Why would LeBron go to Jersey to play with the existing Nets team plus Derrick Favors or Wes Johnson? If they'd had a top 2 pick and guaranteed themselves either Wall or Turner I could see him going there, but that #3 pick basically eliminated them from the mix.

They would take Cousins before both of them if they were smart. Cousins might have "brain farts" as I like to call them, but he is a 19 year old. He is only going to mature (which he actually did during the later part of the year at Kentucky).

The Nets have the talent, they just had too many bad breaks. Harris, Lopez, Williams, and Lee all have some type of skill. You take that base, plus Russian Mark Cuban (that's what I'm calling him for now until I can fully remember his name) and the deep pockets he will have, add Cousins or Turner (if Philly really passes on him), his relationship with Jay-Z, and the move to Brooklyn in 2012, I see no way why LeBron couldn't go there if winning is his top priority (and look at what he did in Cleveland with what he had for help).

They would take Cousins before both of them if they were smart. Cousins might have "brain farts" as I like to call them, but he is a 19 year old. He is only going to mature (which he actually did during the later part of the year at Kentucky).

The Nets have the talent, they just had too many bad breaks. Harris, Lopez, Williams, and Lee all have some type of skill. You take that base, plus Russian Mark Cuban (that's what I'm calling him for now until I can fully remember his name) and the deep pockets he will have, add Cousins or Turner (if Philly really passes on him), his relationship with Jay-Z, and the move to Brooklyn in 2012, I see no way why LeBron couldn't go there if winning is his top priority (and look at what he did in Cleveland with what he had for help).

Cousins and Lopez are two low post players that are pretty redundant in terms of both requiring a lot of touches to get their offense and neither one of those guys would be able to guard agile 4's. If they didn't have Lopez, Cousins would be a perfect fit. Favors or Johnson would play in the frontcourt, but wouldn't be stepping on Brook's toes.

If LeBron cares about winning, he'll go to Chicago or the Clippers (I *think* LA can pay him). He won't, because his ego is too big to play second fiddle to Jordan's legacy or the Lakers, but they have the most talent. Third would be the Knicks, who can pull a Boston and get real good and real relevant real quick. Then staying in Cleveland, who doesn't really have money to get much better, and would need to wait for the Cs to fall off and hope to beat Orlando. Nets should be a distant fifth, except for the Jay-Z connection. Pimp their talent all you want, but they're shit in a shit conference, they suck.