2009/2010 NBA Thread

jrtdot

In NBA related news, Bill Simmons rips Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy a new one, on Colin Cowherd's radio show after Dunleavy called him a joke.

Yeah I heard that earlier today. That was glorious.

And to be fair, it's not like the Magic gave up post defenders in that trade. It was more or less a lateral move as is getting Carter really that much better than having Turkaglu on the team? Not a whole lot different other than the fact that Turkaglu is probably gone so Carter really just fills that hole.

Turk is 6'10 and can play the PF. Carter is 6'6 and cannot. Orlando's biggest advantage over Cleveland was their size in the frontcourt. They just lost it and now you have to either play Lewis out of position at the 4 or Pietrus gets scrub minutes whenever VC or Lewis are not on the court.

Lewis was already playing the 4 with Turkaglu on the team as he played the 3. I'll give you the fact that he's taller than Carter but c'mon, it's not like he was down there on the post, defending bigs. Turkaglu was guarding the 3's and the guards on teams because while he's tall, he's not nearly strong enough to guard a 4 or a 5. They're really not losing a whole lot but they're not really gaining a whole lot either.

Lewis was already playing the 4 with Turkaglu on the team as he played the 3. I'll give you the fact that he's taller than Carter but c'mon, it's not like he was down there on the post, defending bigs. Turkaglu was guarding the 3's and the guards on teams because while he's tall, he's not nearly strong enough to guard a 4 or a 5. They're really not losing a whole lot but they're not really gaining a whole lot either.

Carter guarding a 2/3, Pietrus guarding a 2/3 and Lewis guarding a 4 is a recipe for disaster. Trading Alston, Battie, Lee and losing Hedo is going to do far more harm than bringing in VC is going to do on the positive side. They have no bench and unless Gortat's going to be playing 25 to 30 minutes per night they're going to need at least 2 more bigs.

Thabeet goes #2, congrats Memphis you just got Emeka Okafor Jr.

Harden #3 to Memphis. I think NY should be able to get Rubio or Curry now.

Edited by naiwf

Carter guarding a 2/3, Pietrus guarding a 2/3 and Lewis guarding a 4 is a recipe for disaster. Trading Alston, Battie, Lee and losing Hedo is going to do far more harm than bringing in VC is going to do on the positive side. They have no bench and unless Gortat's going to be playing 25 to 30 minutes per night they're going to need at least 2 more bigs.

Thabeet goes #2, congrats Memphis you just got Emeka Okafor Jr.

None of those players guarded 4's either. Battie is the only one on there that did and he barely played so it's not that big of a loss. The other players were all guards and then Turkaglu wasn't guarding 4's either. So I don't get how you can call it a bad trade because nobody is going to be guarding bigs when none of the players traded were guarding bigs anwyays. That was my point. The Carter move basically placates the team losing Turkaglu and that's it. They don't lose a whole lot (though I think that Lee could become a good player in the league) but they don't gain a whole lot either. It basically evens out the idea that Turkaglu is going elsewhere.

Edited by Livid Soprano

So the T'Wolves have to be thrilled, they can take Rubio and Curry then keep whichever they perfer and trade the other one. Or they can keep them both and build a nice little backcourt.

None of those players guarded 4's either. Battie is the only one on there that did and he barely played so it's not that big of a loss. The other players were all guards and then Turkaglu wasn't guarding 4's either. So I don't get how you can call it a bad trade because nobody is going to be guarding bigs when none of the players traded were guarding bigs anwyays. That was my point. The Carter move basically placates the team losing Turkaglu and that's it. They don't lose a whole lot (though I think that Lee could become a good player in the league) but they don't gain a whole lot either. It basically evens out the idea that Turkaglu is going elsewhere.

Let me simplify this, trading your back up PG, your back up 2 guard, a big off of the bench and losing a guy who CAN play the 4 for a 32 year old 2 guard is pants on head retarded when having a big frontline was your biggest asset. Gutting your bench for Vince Carter when you already have Vince Carter (read: Lewis) on your team makes no sense.

So the Warriors opt to hold Stephen Curry hostage instead of drafting someone they'll actually use?

Knicks give them the 8th, Wilson Chandler and the pick they bought from the Lakers maybe?

The T'Wolves will trade Lawson, so at least they aren't that retarded. Retarded yes, but not like a debbie downer level of retarded.

Oh, and the Magic better know that Hedo had no intention of coming back to Orlando, and they damn well better re-sign Marcin Gortat, or that deal for Carter was absolutely horrendous.