2009/2010 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Jarrett Jack given an offer sheet by the Raptors for $20 Mill for 4 years. Now if you are wondering why they'd pay for basically a backup PG, they are not, this is a versatile guy who can play the SG position as well. Also with the way Calderon plays, Calderon as well could spend time in the SG position with his shooting percentages.

They are also still looking at pursuing Rasho Nesterovic and Carlos Delfino but with all these moves the Raps are making, they should look for a backup with better defensive skills at the Guard position

Mark Cuban says the Mavericks have talked to Lamar Odom's agent. Potential sign and trade with newly acquired Greg Buckner would be highly probable if the idea was explored.

Odom for Buckner? That hardly sounds like a fair trade for Dallas ... -_-

Besides, I'm pretty sure Dallas wouldn't want Odom now that they got Marion. Wouldn't really make much sense unless they traded Marion to the Lakers. I'd still obviously prefer to keep Odom, though, and he's a big reason why Artest signed on so I don't know if I can see him leaving this summer.

Mark Cuban says the Mavericks have talked to Lamar Odom's agent. Potential sign and trade with newly acquired Greg Buckner would be highly probable if the idea was explored.

Odom for Buckner? That hardly sounds like a fair trade for Dallas ... -_-

Besides, I'm pretty sure Dallas wouldn't want Odom now that they got Marion. Wouldn't really make much sense unless they traded Marion to the Lakers. I'd still obviously prefer to keep Odom, though, and he's a big reason why Artest signed on so I don't know if I can see him leaving this summer.

Elton Brand was a big reason Baron Davis signed with the Clippers last offseason. My point isn't so much that Lamar is going to not be a Laker as much as these guys are all friends regardless of the teams they're on, you can't read into the talk about guy a coming to this team because guy b plays there.

Quentin Richardson's flippity floppity off-season:

On June 25, 2009, Richardson was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies for Darko Miličić and cash considerations.

On July 17, 2009, he was traded again by the Memphis Grizzles to the Los Angeles Clippers for Zach Randolph.

On July 20, 2009, he was again traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Sebastian Telfair, Mark Madsen, and Craig Smith.

:S

Raps officially introduced Jarrett Jack today! He will most likely be their 6th man with his ability to play and defend both guard spots and if Derozan or whoever starts sucks he can easily be the SG starter so a great pick up overall

RealGM.com

Agent: Magic, Barnes Reach Two-Year Deal

Jul 21, 2009 9:09 AM EST

Agent Aaron Goodwin confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel early Tuesday that the Magic and Matt Barnes have agreed on a two-year deal.

Goodwin represents both Barnes and Magic center Dwight Howard.

"He has agreed to a two-year deal, and I believe that Dwight's recruitment of him truly sealed the deal," Goodwin wrote in a text message to the Sentinel.

The deal, which has not been finalized, could be announced as early as Tuesday, an NBA source said.

Good signing for Orlando, they get a guy who can come off the bench and shoot, which is their philosophy

Boozer's First Choice Is Miami

Jul 20, 2009 11:38 PM EST

In an interview, Carlos Boozer gushed about the city of Miami.

"My wife [CeCe] and I first came here for tax reasons and fell in love with it," Boozer said. "Love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat.

"They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane [Wade] and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team," he continued.

Boozer lives in the Miami area during the off-season.

Maybe a sign of things to come, who knows in this crazy off-season!?!?! Also with Millsap staying put it is almost inevitable that Boozer will move this summer

Heat Unlikely To Match Moon's Offer

Jul 20, 2009 4:40 PM EST

The Heat are unlikely to match the offer sheet that Jamario Moon signed with the Cavaliers over the weekend.

Miami already has a number of options at small forward and has 11 players under contract for the 2009-10 season, not including rookies.

Also, matching Cleveland's offer for Moon would restrict the Heat from trading the forward until December. They would also need his permission for any trade this coming season.

The financial terms of the offer aren't yet known, but the Cavaliers have about $3.2 million of their mid-level exception left after signing Anthony Parker last week.

Talk about recruiting former Raptors, first Parker, Moon and also reportedly Joey Graham as well

Nash Accepts $22M Extension

Jul 20, 2009 1:54 PM EST

Steve Nash told the Suns over the weekend that he will accept a two-year extension worth an estimated $22 million, according to team sources.

Nash is expected to formally announce the decision on his Twitter feed at some point on Monday.

Phoenix offered Nash a two-year, $20 million extension two weeks ago, then increased the offer during a meeting in Las Vegas last week.

The agreement means he's under contract with the Suns through the 2011-12 season.

Sean May Signs With Sacramento

Jul 21, 2009 6:39 PM EST

The Sacramento Kings have agreed on a one-year contract with Sean May.

The Kings announced the deal Tuesday. May became a free agent when Charlotte declined to make him a one-year qualifying offer of $3.7 million last month.

Edited by jrtdot

Jamaal Magloire resigned with the Heat according to TSN.ca

always kinda wished he would sign with Toronto for the obvious reasons but at the moment he would not fit and he seems to like the Heat organization so good for him (Y)

The dunk on Lebron is kind of weak.

Also, good for the Blazers that they got Andre Miller. I really think that's the perfect addition for them.

And I bet Boozer will end up in Miami or Chicago. I mean, I personally think the best fit for him would be Golden State, but I don't know if that'll happen. I still think they need to condense their roster just a little bit. Maybe trading Azubuike, Andris Biedrins, and Brendan Wright for Boozer. If something similar does happen, I'll actually be worried about the Warriors next year.