brilliant but cancelled

Hellfire

I really liked Jericho. :(
Me too, Then it got canceled for the first time and I lost interest.

also, Anytime I see the title, My head would always go "JERICHO!" like something in the WWE used to do, Nether the less, The show was cut down way too early.

• 1 month later...

Was The Loop cancelled? I know it only had like 2 series', but either way I've been watching it on E4 after Reaper (also starring Sam as a character called... Sam) and been enjoying it very much so, especially Sam's idiot brother.

Was The Loop cancelled? I know it only had like 2 series', but either way I've been watching it on E4 after Reaper (also starring Sam as a character called... Sam) and been enjoying it very much so, especially Sam's idiot brother.

Yeah, BOTH shows got axed, actually. Fox canned it since it didn't deliver in the ratings and CW canned Reaper, even though it did well, because it wasn't Gossip Girl.

Really? I liked the first season of Reaper (haven't seen season two yet) but I always heard it had serious rating problems.

Well, it's on the CW. Almost ALL of the shows have ratings problems. It didn't draw in the right demographic, though, since CW's definitely spun themselves into a young adult female bracket, which Reaper did not draw (despite being created by women) at all.

... whoa, you're right. Well, there goes my belief that Reaper having completely failed to write interesting female characters (except for Gladys the Department of Licensing demon) had to do with it being created by your run-of-the-mill Hollywood guy writers.

I am saddened by this news of Reaper being cancelled.

Booooooooooooo-urns.

It seems like the guy who plays Sam can't catch a break despite being a good actor and in good programs with good storyline's as well as premise.

Reaper had a pretty good cast on the whole. It's a pity that Christine Willes, who was also hilarious in Dead Like Me as Dolores Herbig (as in Her Big Blue Eyes!), ended up in a fun supporting role on another doomed series.

Somebody posted a point since last night that I want to talk about more.

I say it in that manner to build suspense because you'll all assume it's stokerino and my West Wing geekery coming to the fore.

It's not. (Although that would be great, but I'm sure at the time we'd have been 'treated' to guest appearances by Finding A Real Job Charlie, Living As A Hermit Toby, and all the rest.)

ABC ruined Whose Line is it Anyway?. They insisted on Wayne, Ryan, and Colin being in every episode - which gave the audience the impression that these three were some sort of masters of improv (even though really they just went through the motions most weeks and were frequently outshone by fourth-seaters like Greg Proops, Jeff Davis, and Brad Sherwood). Because of the decision to have three regulars, they ensured a backlash if they ever tried to do the show without at least two of those three.

As such, the Big Three could ask for more than their share of money - when any two struggling-for-a-break improv artists could have been plucked from Second City or wherever, paid far less, and put out a more enjoyable and variable show.

The Brits (in the first few years) had it right - change the cast up every week. Keeps the show fresh, and people are watching it because they like the show, not because they like "the black guy, the bald guy, and the tall guy".

Brad's easiest the least funny person on Whose Line. He's nowhere near as a good singer as Wayne or Chip or even Jeff. They really didn't have a choice, because Ryan/Colin played so well off each other, and Wayne was there for the singing. That said, Chip and Jeff were both highly underrated on that show.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I agree that Jeff was underrated, but I always found Chip bland for some reason. Brad was my favourite fourth-seater and possibly even favourite of all...not a good singer and should have been left out of the singing games really, but usually pretty hilarious in the very limited chances he was given to be so.

Him and Colin are coming to my town in October, I'm thinking of picking up some tickets.

It was renewed for a third season, so it's not canceled.

Also I recall liking Brad Sherwood a lot, but I agree that the "three main guys and The Other Guy" format for Whose Line US was a mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

I must agree with Reaper, it was hilarious and I hope they make a movie down the track or even the animated series that was rumoured a while back.

Also on my list of shows that I wish didn't get cancelled

Do Over -- Doubt many people remember this, but I found it quite funny. About a 35 year old guy who has an accident and wakes up as his 14 year old self.

The Loop -- I am a fan of Brett Harrison (think thats his name) even from his days on grounded for life. unfortunately he can't seem to book a long running gig.

can't think of any more right now, but I know there are a lot of other shows I really miss

I don't know if its been mentioned yet or not, but The Pretender is one of my all time fav shows. Had a great idea behind it, and in the end was just overkill with too many confusing stories at once.