brilliant but cancelled

Hellfire

Yeah, Firefly is the obvious answer. Criminal. Arrested Development too, but that did get three seasons. Same goes for Veronica Mars.

And add to those Grosse Pointe, which was clearly ahead of its time, and The Middleman. Not surprising that the latter got canceled, but it was a shame.

Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me should never have been cancelled, both two quaint shows that were totally different from anything else on TV

At least they both got 2 seasons, unlike Wonderfalls which was my favourite of the three. Didn't even get to air a full season.

I agree with The Sarah Connor Chronicles too, although it had its flaws.

Drive was another show that I was interested in but was doomed from the start by its timeslot. I think the show could have gone for 3-4 seasons and been interesting along the way, but they put it up against Dancing with the Stars and Deal or no Deal and it got destroyed in the ratings and got pulled after like 3-4 episodes. Fucking Fox.

The problem with Drive, IIRC, was that it cost a lot of money to film.

Farscape was awesome, but I think after five seasons and a movie it had run its course.

You do know there are two movies now, and then the Peacekeepers War mini right?

They had wanted to launch the PW mini as the new direction but the interest wasnt there..

glad to see someone else seconding this one!!

Farscape was awesome, but I think after five seasons and a movie it had run its course.

They had wanted to launch the PW mini as the new direction but the interest wasnt there..

Was there? As far as I knew there were the four seasons and the two PW mini's, when did the other two come out?

Drive was another show that I was interested in but was doomed from the start by its timeslot. I think the show could have gone for 3-4 seasons and been interesting along the way, but they put it up against Dancing with the Stars and Deal or no Deal and it got destroyed in the ratings and got pulled after like 3-4 episodes. Fucking Fox.

This :crying:

In before CSAMH.

Nathan Barley.

:P

I disagree. It's perfect as it is.

That also goes for series like Spaced. Less is more and no more are needed. Fawlty Towers is a great example of quality over quantity.

I wouldn't have minded another series of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace though.

One series that shouldn't have been cancelled of course was the most excellent Farscape, otherwise known as the greatest Sci-Fi series of all time.

Was there? As far as I knew there were the four seasons and the two PW mini's, when did the other two come out?

Hmm "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" are the movies, and there was one "Peacekeeper Wars" mini that I am aware of..and yes Four seasons..

Hmm "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" are the movies, and there was one "Peacekeeper Wars" mini that I am aware of..and yes Four seasons..

Wait, Stargate ripped off their movie names from Farscape?

As for shows getting axed; not too happy with Sarah Connor going bye-bye, Futurama though it is making a come back should've never been axed, and I guess Whose Line Is It Anyway would be the only other one I can gripe about. I'm just glad that Chuck isn't getting axed.

Studio 60 and Sports Night.

Wasn't happy that Farscape was cancelled, but was even more upset when they added Benajmin Browder AND Claudia Black to Stargate SG-1. Claudia Black should have made an appearance in one or two episodes then disappeared.

I still can't get why people loved The Black Donnellys. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't cancelled sooner than it was.

Kings I watched the first episode and thought it was an interesting concept, but really should have been put on on a different night, and the secretly gay heir was too cliche.

"Peacekeeper Wars" was a Farscape movie or mini-series, NOT Stargate.

The US version of Teachers was especially inspired, I thought. They made it a more traditional sitcom, but part of me misses that sort of form when it's done well. NewsRadio, early Friends, Cheers, etc. all played with the form really fucking well and made the laugh track all but ignorable because they were pretty awesome and Teachers had the potential to continue that run and had some good laugh-out-loud moments. I only bring this up because there's maybe one person ever in real life or the internet who's even brought up this show's six episode greatness. And while it's not as great as the other shows, it's pretty damn fun.

On note of series that ended perfectly, the UK Version of Life On Mars was perfect. It ran two fantastic series, and then called it quits. Not enough shows know how to do that. But, then again, I'd sometimes argue that I'd prefer some form of 'Insert TV Show' than 'No TV Show At All'.

In before CSAMH.

Nathan Barley.

That also goes for series like Spaced. Less is more and no more are needed. Fawlty Towers is a great example of quality over quantity.

One series that shouldn't have been cancelled of course was the most excellent Farscape, otherwise known as the greatest Sci-Fi series of all time.

I need to know what happened to Ashcroft, dammit! :(

In before CSAMH.

Nathan Barley.

I need to know what happened to Ashcroft, dammit! :(

His life continued to suck, sadly. :crying: