brilliant but cancelled

Hellfire

This makes me think that a thread and a went on too long thread should be in development. There's a lot of TV that should've been shot out of its misery a long time ago.

Your wish is my command. There's been tons of shows that have been taken off the air way too quickly, whether due to low ratings, no support from the channel its on, a strange concept that didn't catch on or simply being on Fox :shifty:.

I'm going to quickly take two that I know will get said. Firefly and Wonderfalls are two completely different shows but are excellent. Such a shame that they were taken off air.

Firefly was a show that I honestly didn't know what I was getting into at the start, which I think made it even better. I knew Joss Whedon had created Buffy and Angel, but I had thought they were chick shows and had never watched them going in (I've since watched all of Buffy and have started watching Angel. Apparently, I was completely retareded.) The whole Cowboys in Space thing works well, theres a whole universe there that would have been interesting to check out as seasons went on, along with most of the characters that didn't get enough time to be fleshed out.

I have another one that might not get talked about though. Kings. It came out with a lot of hype, apparently was supposed to be the big new show but bombed. I was bored and checked it out, as it had a pretty interesting concept (the king david story in an alternate version of present day) and was fascinated. I don't think its been canceled yet, but its been all but killed already and its a shame.

I'm really interesting in hearing what some of you come up with. I tend to forget shows after a little while unless they are fantastic, so I'm sure there's some good ones out there that I just can't remember and this will jog some good memories about shows that passed well before their time.

Edited by Hellfire

The two previously mentioned shows are on my list. I'll add Arrested Development and Pushing Daisies as well since those came to mind immediately. I also liked Life on Mars & The Unusuals this year, but I knew both were going to die.

Yeah I like Kings a lot too and it has pretty much been cancelled as it wasn't on the list of shows that NBC would be putting out next season. Sucks it's gone.

Also, another show that NBC pulled the plug on way too early would be The Black Donnellys.

Studio 60, oh God, Studio 60, honestly it's probably one of my favourite shows ever and it only had one season. It had shitloads of potential stories, characters, guest appearances, and of course the writing was absolutely fucking stellar.

Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me should never have been cancelled, both two quaint shows that were totally different from anything else on TV, Bryan Fuller deserves a medal for producing two delightful shows like these.

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'nuff said, it's a Terminator TV series and it was everything I wanted since I was a kid (minus Arnie, but with extra hot chick replacement).

Any decent British TV series that only got about six episodes a series, more will likely follow.

Studio 60, oh God, Studio 60, honestly it's probably one of my favourite shows ever and it only had one season. It had shitloads of potential stories, characters, guest appearances, and of course the writing was absolutely fucking stellar.

Studio 60 was awesome. So so awesome.

I must watch it...

Studio 60 was awesome. So so awesome.

I must watch it...

QFE!!!!!

Firefly definitely. Could have easily done another 3 seasons.

And Jericho should have got a full second season, but I doubt it could have been fleshed out much more than that.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Thank you Benji. And Ryan #2. And Teej.

Studio 60 was an excellent show with an unfortunate setting. Afghanistan and 9/11 don't lend themselves well to Saturday Night Live. Aaron Sorkin's writing with a cast that great is more than enough to make up for the occasional absurdity.

Arrested Development and Veronica Mars. I've been watching an awful lot of The Critic lately too. That was a wonderful show.

There's one that I'm still bitter about because it was just canceled, but Reaper could have definitely gone for a third season, especially with how season 2 ended.

Also, Tru Calling I felt could have kept going on, and could have, too, because it was one that was on Fox. Heck, the ratings were UP in the second season and they canceled it because they didn't think it was a good lead-in to The OC. Bastards...

Drive was another show that I was interested in but was doomed from the start by its timeslot. I think the show could have gone for 3-4 seasons and been interesting along the way, but they put it up against Dancing with the Stars and Deal or no Deal and it got destroyed in the ratings and got pulled after like 3-4 episodes. Fucking Fox.

Titus was a great comedy that got cancelled well before it should've

WHAT!

Reaper was cancelled? :(

Yeah it sucks that I had forgotten to include them in my first post but yes, it was cancelled. It was on the cusp before the last season and then midway through the 2nd season, the creators knew it was going to end and signed a deal with Fox to develop some stuff that required them walking away from Reaper. And Tyler Labine, who played Sock on the show, also signed on for a new show on Fox as well. Definitely one of the better show as of late.

Studio 60. Could Heroes have been more of a complete opposite of people they were trying to attract to Studio 60? Hereoes, teens/lower20's, lower-middle class probably, etc. Studio 60 - Upper-middle class, college educated, etc. Futhermore, money was brought up as an issue to cancel instead of continue, they could have easily ax'd big time salaries from that show - Amanda Peet, just say she resigned to take care of the baby. DL Hughley, got a movie career and leaves? Something. Anyway, all for not. I miss it dearly.

Can't stand 30 Rock.