FIFA 10

Baddar

Fifa 10 General Improvements

• 360° dribbling
  • Custom Set Pieces
  • Training Mode Added with x versus x custom number of players.
  • 'Anything goes' practice matches (no referee!)
  • Realistic fatigue system, no more 90 minute sprinting!
  • Continuous play, clock doesn't stop for freekicks or yellow and red cards, less cut-scenes that break up the play.
  • Realistic weather patterns and night matches
  • Ability to do long "rory delap" type throw-ins
  • Goal side flat ad boards on the pitch are gone
  • Improvements to the advantage rule
  • No scoring from kick off
  • Graphic improvements, you can see players breath in cold weather, player graphics have been redone and are an improvement on last year
  • Goalkeepers can get sent off
  • Greatly improved goalkeepers with ability to make double saves
  • New nets
  • Improved ball physics, ball feels heavier and does not 'float' across the pitch
  • Improved player awareness, no more getting in the way of cross field passes
  • CPU will perform skill moves
  • Can change the freekick taker during the game
  • Improved ball control/trapping
  • Game speed faster than 08 but slower than 09
  • Able to move the wall when defending freekicks
  • Improved tackling physics, the player goes for the ball and not through the opponent
  • Improved shooting mechanics, two stage, first half of power up controls power and second controls height, possible to drive shots
  • Overhaul of animations, all completely new, walking/sprinting with and without the ball, some additional skill animations
  • many more goalkeeper animations
  • Matches calculated on a minute by minute basis. Guessing that refers to how the AI reacts to your performance.
  • Rain and snow are selectable in normal matches
  • The EA logo has been toned down on the replays
  • Upto 64-player tournaments with all teams user-controlled
  • Ability to take quick free-kicks
  • The ball will hit the woodwork less frequently
  • Goalkeepers can take freekicks *new*

• A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
    • More user-friendly navigation system
    • Ability to edit kit numbers
    • Improved Financial System
    • New wage budget
    • New board difficulty level setting
    • New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
    • 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
    • Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
    • New scout ability to predict future growth of players
    • Pre-season friendlies added
    • Board confidence update after every game
    • Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
    • Transfer rumours
    • CPU squad rotation
    • Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
    • No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
    • Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
    • Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
    • You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
    • Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
    • Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
    • Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
    • Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
    • Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
    • Kit editing "Now that we know how important the Kit editing screen was (based on the amount of complaints we've received for not having it), we've made a new one for FIFA 10 :-). " Probably just relates to the ability to edit kit numbers but no more info available at present
    • Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
    • Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
    • Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad *new*
    • Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one *new*
    • You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club *new*
    • You can also edit the stats of your created player *new*
    • Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player *new*
    • Marcel says "One really last thing, I like to play Online and to play Manager Mode...que?!? ;-)" *new*

• Dream team glitch fixed! No more custom teams in ranked games.
      • Improved club management settings
      • Improved club match making
      • New 5v5 mode
      • More player stats in Clubs
      • Ability to check Club stats online
      • Only one "any" player in a team *new*
      • Search criteria will be shown on screen during matchmaking
      • You will see at the end of every game how many ranking points you earned
      • Ability to end online matches in a draw, if both sides agree, 1v1 only
      • Fifa Interactive World Cup (I'm guessing like Interactive League) where team stats are equalled similar to Clubs matches.
      • Less boosting! Reduced ranking points per match for each match played against the same person.
      • "Faster identification and punishment of cheaters" helped by increased stat monitoring.
      • New EA Live Team that will monitor and track down cheaters.
      • Idle players will be disconnected in 10v10 matches.

Fifa 10 Soundtrack

[*]See them and listen to them here

Fifa 10 Release Date

[*]UK - 2nd October 2009

[*]Europe - 2nd October 2009 (assumed)

[*]US - 20th October 2009

[*]Worldwide - TBC

The soundtrack has literally JUST been confirmed. Can't say I recognise many of the songs.

Oh, and if you look at the last Manager Mode thing above, that basically stems from a comment one of the devs made earlier, making people think there will be some sort of online MM this year. NOTHING confirmed as of yet.

More news/features will be released throughout August. I'll try to keep the list above updated as often as possible. It's taken from the official forums, but we're better than them. <_<

Yes, I know it sounds fantastic. In exactly 10 weeks, 10 can be yours. In the meantime, drool over the additions.

EDIT:

Updates made after original post;

~ There is an assistant coach in FIFA 10; when you have him activated, he will take care of the line-up and rotate your squad based on importance of the upcoming match. So if you have a cup match against a low rated team, he will make sure that players that normally warm the bench will get their chance.

Goalkeepers couldn't get sent off on '09? Didn't even realise that and I've been playing it for the last few weeks.

This is sounding much better though. I'm really hoping they change up the passing system, because it's so terrible at times in '09. Sometimes you manage beautiful passes, the next minute it's just doing pathetic things with the passing. I was surprised by '09, because it has improved more than I believed. I still don't think it's miles ahead of Pro like some make out, actually I don't think it's ahead at all, but this year could be another huge step forward.

I've already stated that I would've put down money for 10 if we got just the Manager Mode improvements alone. In 09, that mode was shit. The MM should be the biggest and best mode. Now it will be, and rightly so.

The 360 dribbling is something that could put it far ahead of PES if it's implemented correclty. Being able to turn out of tackles/oncoming players in ANY direction is something a football game has needed for years.

The general fixes, as Quasi said are obvious ones but definitely needed. The nets were too pingy in the last game, so I assume the "new nets" mean they've dealt with that. Advantage rule still needed sorting, even though it was partly fixed in a patch then fixed further in Ultimate Team. You'll know what I mean if you bought that.

The ability to create set pieces will also be good. Sending players on runs you want them to could lead to some wonderful goals. The simple stuff like your big defenders actually coming up for corners this year is a huge bonus in my opinion. Defenders don't get many goals in FIFA. At least now they'll have more of a chance when attacking FK's/corners.

I slowly got used to the tackling, but I rarely use the sliding anyway. It felt to me like the players didn't slide far enough and mis-timed them a lot; another thing they've fixed.

Shooting with a two-tier power-bar will be interesting. It'll surely be better than last year where it was nigh on impossible to score goals from outside the box unless you're one of those guys who perfected the taking of FK's. I must've scored about 5 goals outside the area on 09. Granted, I stopped trying it too much after a while due to the ball floating like a balloon a lot towards the GK/stands.

What else? Oh yeah, quick FK's. A simple, yet effective way of speeding the game up, and the AI being a bunch of dirty twats won't make you feel so hard done by when you're able to advance up the pitch quickly as opposed to them getting everyone back behind the ball.

I honestly can't wait for this. And I can't wait to do a proper, realistic Manager Mode diary.

Goalkeepers couldn't get sent off on '09? Didn't even realise that and I've been playing it for the last few weeks.

This is sounding much better though. I'm really hoping they change up the passing system, because it's so terrible at times in '09. Sometimes you manage beautiful passes, the next minute it's just doing pathetic things with the passing. I was surprised by '09, because it has improved more than I believed. I still don't think it's miles ahead of Pro like some make out, actually I don't think it's ahead at all, but this year could be another huge step forward.

Strange thing is, I am pretty damn sure the opponent's GK once got sent off when he took me down in the penalty box >_<

Shit, I should have pre-ordered it from Argos when I could get it for £28 :(

Ah well, I guess I could just do what I did last year and wait it out until reviews for both games are out... and the better one gets a significant discount ¬_¬

EDIT: YES OFFER STILL ON FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF HOURS :D :D

EDIT 2: Bah £31? I'll be able to get it cheaper on release day ¬_¬

Edited by The General

IF this is on sale at Asda or something for £25 on release day, I might get it straight away. Otherwise you bastards will have to wait till Play does it's customary slashing of prices to £20 and then I will buy it and kick your asses.

I'm with you there Ace, my Fifa 09 is also broken, Ive been back on 08 recently. I'm really excited for this game already, definitely gonna be getting it on release day again.

The new dribbling system sounds good, in fact, all of the improvements sound great and I have wanted a lot of them since playing 09. Manager Mode sounds much improved this year, and I'm excited about the all-user controlled tournaments thing, I lost hours just doing tourneys on the old Club Football games where you could be everyone in it. I hope that the 'more continuous play' thing means we won't need a cutscene or break every time a free kick is awarded, stuff like that. Would make it seem much more realistic then.

The only downside is that Rooney is on the cover yet again...he's been on it for like, 5 years in a row now! Can we have some different people to him and Ronaldinho sometime?

I've already stated that I would've put down money for 10 if we got just the Manager Mode improvements alone. In 09, that mode was shit. The MM should be the biggest and best mode. Now it will be, and rightly so.

The 360 dribbling is something that could put it far ahead of PES if it's implemented correclty. Being able to turn out of tackles/oncoming players in ANY direction is something a football game has needed for years.

The general fixes, as Quasi said are obvious ones but definitely needed. The nets were too pingy in the last game, so I assume the "new nets" mean they've dealt with that. Advantage rule still needed sorting, even though it was partly fixed in a patch then fixed further in Ultimate Team. You'll know what I mean if you bought that.

The ability to create set pieces will also be good. Sending players on runs you want them to could lead to some wonderful goals. The simple stuff like your big defenders actually coming up for corners this year is a huge bonus in my opinion. Defenders don't get many goals in FIFA. At least now they'll have more of a chance when attacking FK's/corners.

I slowly got used to the tackling, but I rarely use the sliding anyway. It felt to me like the players didn't slide far enough and mis-timed them a lot; another thing they've fixed.

Shooting with a two-tier power-bar will be interesting. It'll surely be better than last year where it was nigh on impossible to score goals from outside the box unless you're one of those guys who perfected the taking of FK's. I must've scored about 5 goals outside the area on 09. Granted, I stopped trying it too much after a while due to the ball floating like a balloon a lot towards the GK/stands.

What else? Oh yeah, quick FK's. A simple, yet effective way of speeding the game up, and the AI being a bunch of dirty twats won't make you feel so hard done by when you're able to advance up the pitch quickly as opposed to them getting everyone back behind the ball.

I honestly can't wait for this. And I can't wait to do a proper, realistic Manager Mode diary.

That's one of the main things they spoke about on IGN not long ago. That actually sounds like my favourite addition so far, although as the guy in it said, they still need to do a lot of work to make sure there's no problems with it that people online will abuse. The entire idea of it seems seriously brilliant and it's about time a football game had serious stuff like this. I think this could be a huge part in a huge step forward for football games in general. Something simple but just as important as anything else they add really. It'll be interesting to see how it all works once they've finished up on it.

That's one of the main things they spoke about on IGN not long ago. That actually sounds like my favourite addition so far, although as the guy in it said, they still need to do a lot of work to make sure there's no problems with it that people online will abuse. The entire idea of it seems seriously brilliant and it's about time a football game had serious stuff like this. I think this could be a huge part in a huge step forward for football games in general. Something simple but just as important as anything else they add really. It'll be interesting to see how it all works once they've finished up on it.

I'll say it right now, there will be a certain way you can arrange a set piece that guarantees a goal and EVERYBODY will be using online, with cheap goal after cheap goal flying in. It'll happen people are that desperate to win at the game. The guy at the top of te 09 leaderboard had a 536 game win streak, more than I've played total and I don't think he's ever actually played a game besides boosting. The game will always be glitched online.

David Rutter has already said that they're undecided whether custom set pieces will be available in online play. It may well piss off many people, but I'd be happy if it was just an offline thing.

Alternatively, they could just be used in unranked matches online, as opposed to ranked.

EDIT: The latest on that is chances are people will be able to use them to begin with. They're trying to figure out a way to turn them off if things go bad online, i.e people cheat.

Edited by Baddar D

*NEW FEATURE*

There is an assistant coach in FIFA 10; when you have him activated, he will take care of the line-up and rotate your squad based on importance of the upcoming match. So if you have a cup match against a low rated team, he will make sure that players that normally warm the bench will get their chance.