Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

article-0-033D9D850000044D-151_224x359.jpg

WE PLAY 4-4-2.

My half backs push up the wings while centre backs stay back. My wingers push diagonally up to where the strikers are. My strikers move into the centre and my central midfielders both push up.

On the tactics screen it kinda looks like a house with a roof.

Thanks Zaz, that was it.

Right so I got a United game started up, since I enjoyed the one I had on FM09, so just want to get your thoughts. Shall I keep Rafael and Fabio and play them as my full backs, or play with 3 centre backs and no full backs as I have been doing in other games? I've heard they become world class but don't know whether to keep them around or not. I am probably going to play with them at the back, but just want to know if people have had experiences with them, before I decide.

Thanks, and anyone know the answer to my other previous question, about how to view my shortlist? I'm still not used to the new layout. :(

Edited by Sick N Twisted

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to ask a stupid question, hope someone can help me... How do you assign your assistant to play a friendly game? I have a lot of games to play in the season as it is, can't be bothered to play friendlies too... Can someone help me?

So far we have beaten Scunthorpe and Peterbourgh! Also I have sold Lucas, Aurellio, Dossena, Voronin, Kuyt and am selling Macherano cause he wants to leave and I signed Camacho from At. Madric.

Only got the game on christmas day, not played it much but tonight finally got into an United game, sold Berbatov for 15 million to Chelsea, to help towards a 52 million bid for Ageuro, who thankfully came for that price. Played 4 in the league so far winning all of them, with Rooney playing like a beast for me scoring two hattricks at West Ham and Hull as well as snatching one in the derby, Aguero has 5 scoring 1 in the community shield, one in the derby and a hattrick against Stoke. Hopefully Rooneys form can keep up.

Bought it today for some reason, I think it's because I've gone from being 12 points clear to 1 in my Man City game on 09 and I'm not a fan of losing at the final hurdle :(

Anyway, started a game as Aston Villa. I've just been thumping the ball down both flanks and it's working well so far. Agbonlahor is a beast. Heskey provides more assists but Carew scores more goals - dilemma. Bought Angel Di Maria for 3.5M though I didn't scout him and have no idea if he'll turn out any good, he's just awesome in real life. Trying to get Ronaldo as well but Corinthians are playing hardball. I plan on retraining Milner as a CM just like O'Neil's done in real life anyway, his stats aren't as good as they should be but I love him too much to let him rot on the sidelines :wub:

Edited by Pesci

Going to start up a Notts County game, to keep me going until the next update is out.

Going to have transfer budgets in first window on this time though. I made some database changes too before I start, such as Toni to Roma on loan, Pandev as a free agent, Suazo to Genoa on loan etc...

Also, has anyone ever managed to sign Lee Jung-Bin? He supposedly has high potential, but I can never seem to sign him. He's 16 and free at the start of the game, and no one seems to be interested in him either, I might start up as Madrid or Barcelona just to see if he's willing to negotiate then.

I'm still playing 2009 due to 2010's crippling bugs, and I've had one hell of a game.

I started unemployed.

Dundela - Promoted from the Northern Irish 3rd tier to the 2nd tier as champions in my first season.

Wrexham - Had just won promotion from the Blue Square Premier to League Two, so I joined at an excellent time. Won League Two. Won League One the season after. Secured the last play-off place in the Championship, and won the play-offs to get promoted to the Premier League! The season so far has been...bad. We had a great start then we've been rooted to the bottom of the table for months. My players are now blaming me for them being shit. We finally won a game, against relegation rivals Hull, and now we're in the top relegation spot, 4 points from safety with 7 games to go. Also, my best striker (a Chinese regen who is meant to be world class) just scored for the first time in 25 hours of play.

Hopefully I'll be able to steer us away from relegation. If not, I feel it will be time to leave Wrexham. There has been no investment in the club whatsoever, all the money that's been made is by selling players and from prize money. We have £2.6mil in the bank at the moment and that's after my spending spree in the January transfer window.

Also had stints with Azerbaijan (poor), Trinidad & Tobago (good), Algeria (good but disappointing), India (good but disappointing) and now Kazakhstan (doing good so far). Not qualified for anything yet at international level. Azerbaijan had shit, shit players, Trini only had one game to play (beat the USA in the USA) but then had nothing for ages so I left, Algeria were good but we were pipped by Egypt for qualification for the African Nations, did very well with India in World Cup qualification (beat Thailand 3-1 and thrashed Syria 6-1!) and I already beat Finland 3-1 with Kazakhstan. :D

Massive memory leaks causing the game to crash dump every two games or so. Tried tens of suggestions at the SI boards, just seems like the game doesn't work properly with certain systems. They tried to blame my graphics card, even though I can play EVE Online, Civ4, Spore, etc with no slowdown at all and no crashes (I have a quad-core processor and 8GB RAM). I also turned off the 3D match engine and it STILL crashes. It's unacceptable, so I had to resign to going back and playing FM09 and continued my old game and it's snowballed into quite a legendary rise for Wrexham to the Premier League. (H)