Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Having signed Vincent Enyeama and Vincent Kompany as AC Milan, I'm slightly tempted to try and build a team entirely from players named Vincent. :shifty:

I just signed Kompany for WBA. He's doing a good job of plugging my DMC hole, though I rotate him and Yussuf between DC and DMC a fair bit.

We're getting down to the wire and a 2-2 draw with Derry allowed us to let Sligo gain 1st place and a single point advantage. We have a somewhat easier run in on paper. Bray and Cobh are relegation fighters and Bohemians are underperforming but are re-surging under a new manager. Sligo have to play the third team in the title race - Cork City. If they lost that one it would shift gears again and bring Cork into the hunt.

I really only care about winning the league now, despite still being in the Setanta Cup.

Edit: Did it (H)

140539185-dfaf0283058bad8c6f57493a4d10e439.4c5a0d10-full.jpg

From settling for a 7th place finish with about 10 games to go, my Fulham team went on a march up the table, and ended up finishing in 4th place. So 2012/13 will see me competing in the Champions League.

First two games have seen me beat both Villa and Bolton at home (2-1, 4-0) and I've won my Champions League playoff against CSKA Moscow.

My team looks something like this:

GK: Vincent Enyeama

DL: Dodo

DR: Rafinha

DC: Gary Cahill

DC: Ryan Shawcross

MC: Fernando Gago

MC: Samba Sow

MC: Milan Badelj

F: Mario Balotelli

F: Andre Pierre Gignac

F: Romelu Lukaku

I did have Ashley Young for one year, but he underperformed (earning me the Worst Signing in the process), so I sold him on for a £2.5m loss. Also, my squad includes Tomasz Kuzczak, Josua Guilavogui, Alan Judge, Adrien, Erik Jendrisek, Adam Houslek (on loan), Jonjo Shelvey, and the only player (outside of youth players) that has survived from my initial squad....Stephen Kelly.

Edited by Liam

The great thing about making it to the Champions League is the way you usually make a lot of money out of it, my Newcastle team just about secured 4th place in my 3rd season and the money helped me to reinvest accordingly and two seasons later I won it and the league and the FA Cup.

I upset myself with the way I have almost no English players, I would like some but they all cost around £25-30 million and they're not that great. Especially considering I can sign top Argentine players for less than £20 million. In fact my main signing summer buys this season were Daniel Villalva for £11 million and Nicolás Otamendi for £14.5 million plus picking up De Gea on a freebie, which means I will be shipping out Stekelenburg for about £8 million after signing him on a free 2 seasons ago, seems like a good bit of business.

Have also sold one of my last few 'originals' in Danny Guthrie to Blackburn for £5 million and Darren Bent who I signed the minute we got up has also gone for £3 million. Entering the 2014/15 season and still have Jonás, Taylor and Enrique at the club, they're 3 players I have decided I will never sell and will hopefully retire at the club along with John O'Shea who has been so dependable for me. Taylor became England captain for a bit but stepped down after this years World Cup where England lost out in the round of 16 to Serbia.

Higuaín has been fantastic with 49 league goals in 50 league games, his signing allowed me to really build the club as he was winning games on his own almost but now the team is at his level with Matty James my favourite player as he has developed so much.

Edited by Sam

Recently I've taken to scouring Europe for youth players and signing any that get a Potential Ability rating of 4 stars (yet to find any with more than that). Typically I can get them for £0 with 10% of any future transfer fee, and a weekly wage of ~£250, which all seems pretty sweet.

I have no idea if this will pay dividends...and will need at least 4-5 years to find out, but I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile at least. :shifty:

Question: Scouts have their own personal 'knowledge' of various countries, which feed in to what is deemed the club's total 'knowledge' of the world. If I wanted to scout England, say, do I need to send a person who knows England well in order to get the best results, or do they all source the club's combined knowledge and allow me to just send the scout with the best stats?

Also, is there any bloody way to scout specific nations which aren't on the short list presented in the Scouting Assignment drop-down menu? For example I want to scout Poland but it's not on the list (yet weirdly, Bosnia & Herzegovina is). Have I any choice but to select a Region (like Central Europe, or wherever they count Poland as being), or is there another way?

I'm still playing FM08 btw, in case the whole system has been revamped since.

Question: Scouts have their own personal 'knowledge' of various countries, which feed in to what is deemed the club's total 'knowledge' of the world. If I wanted to scout England, say, do I need to send a person who knows England well in order to get the best results, or do they all source the club's combined knowledge and allow me to just send the scout with the best stats?

You would need to send a scout with his own individual knowledge of the country in order to produce the best results. Although once a scout's been on one trip to a country their knowledge is usually pretty solid so it doesn't take long to get your scouts knowledgeable in tons of different countries.

Got this off a buddy of mine today who wasn't playing it anymore, so for nothing essentially. Sweet

Anyway, downloading the latest patch now before I play a proper game, but I tested it to see how fast it'd run and all is good. The 3D engine is much better than I'd thought it'd be too. Can't wait to start a Man City game, once the patch is installed and I'm have logos and player picsetc.

Got this off a buddy of mine today who wasn't playing it anymore, so for nothing essentially. Sweet

Anyway, downloading the latest patch now before I play a proper game, but I tested it to see how fast it'd run and all is good. The 3D engine is much better than I'd thought it'd be too. Can't wait to start a Man City game, once the patch is installed and I'm have logos and player picsetc.

Get one of them custom transfer updates too mate, there's a new one coming out tonight supposedly on the SI forums. Summer transfers so far will be done, manager changes etc...

Started my game with Man City anyway. I wanted to bring in a huge superstar as a marquee buy but none of Villa, Torres, Terry or Gerrard would sign for me. So I settled for bringing Mexes ans Srna in.

In my first game I of course had Man Utd at home, SWP scored after 26 seconds breaking the clubs record for the quickest goal. I held them off until the 92nd minute, when of course an offside Diouf scored off an Owen rebound. Typical.

I've beaten Wigan, Portsmouth and Burnley cofortably sine leaving me 3rd. So it's going well and Adebayor is an absollute beast as a target man. He absolutely raped Wigan, getting a hat-trick in the process.

Started season three with Parkvilla. Steve Finnan, Dean Kiely and Joseph Ndo are out/on their way out. Roy O'Donovan and Daryl Murphy are in. Lee Trundle has become our Youth Coach.

Had one of those rare, beautiful results on FM last night.

FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley

Half-time score: Manchester United 3 - 0 Chelsea

Full-time score: Manchester United 3 - 4 Chelsea

It's these that we dream of. :crying: