Carling Cup Thread 2009/2010

Adam

Bet Summers is running on the pitch right now. Naughty boy.

Yup.. almost got tackled by a steward, but made it. Then celebrating infront of the Holte.. fucking amazing. Sorry guys, wish it was you & us in the final. We were terrible, switched off at the back far too often. You made a fight of it, and your fans sung proud as long as they could.

"Heskey's shit, my lord" and "Heskey scored, my lord" singing competition, and much more. Was awesome.

Bring on the Mancs.

If Villa can manage to concede two goals to Kalinic, whats gonna happen if they end up facing Tevez et al.?

Kalinic is good tho.

I'm still stuck on my opinion from the Sunderland vs. Blackburn match like 3 games into this season. :D

Where he was actually the worst striker I have seen in the history of football ever just about. I know he was still acclamatising and he was good at his former club in Croatia (although the fans were glad to get rid of him I remember), but he missed 3 easy opportunities including a 6 yard effort in the dying minutes. No one in front of him, all it had to do was kick it and it was in and he managed to put it about 8 yards wide. Then again after his first couple of efforts I didn't expect anything less.

He definitely seems to have improved though in recent weeks. Hit the crossbar a couple of times a few weeks ago. Still think they meant to sign Klasnic and accidentally ended up with Kalinic instead though >_<

Oh, his debut at Sunderland was the pits. No question there.

But, he has always shown signs in the games he has been brought on that the talent is there. Like so many players coming to a new league/team it's a case of playing and having confidence. Last week he was unlucky to hit the post twice against Villa. Last night, he got his two. They weren't world beater goals but they don't have to be. It should set him up well for the rest of the season and that's all we have left to look forward to now. :shifty: