AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

You guys are just pointing out things that people who have played Left 4 Dead with me already know.

I really can't believe people were so attached to Otis, he's appeared in one episode. He shot a kid and felt bad about it, so he volunteered to help save him. People are putting him on a pedestal. His preferred method of survival would have resulted in his death, Shane's death and probably Carl's death. Shane had no connection to the guy, he did what needed to be done to save the people he cared about.

I should mention my favorite show of all time is The Shield, and I didn't feel particularly bad for anyone at the end after what Vic did, that should help shed some light on my way of thinking. :shifty:

And I wasn't comparing Otis with Merle, I was comparing Shane's actions with Rick's, forget about who they did it to, they were both acts of leaving someone to die so that someone else can live. Yes, in Shane's case he guaranteed the death, but again, it's really not like Rick left Merle in any better of a position. Handcuffed to the roof of a building that's full of zombies, in a city that is teeming with zombies.

I thought him going ape on the wifebeater was good development of the character. Like, he's a dick but he still cares about the people in the camp.

I could agree thats the wifebeater beating is the least silly thing, but i still think it´s something that would have deserved better reasoning because it´s so much "No more Sex makes Shane go crazy". He never was someone to like in the TV Show. I guess what i am missing is the characters development... wich happend a ton more in the comic with a load less "pannels". (we already talked about this last season)

How about, who ever enters this topic and goes for the first posting after the show aired puts in something like:

MY PENIS BROKE AND It´s BLEEDING PRITTY BAD

or maybe a "Episode 3 aired, we talk about it now!" to be more specific?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The chain of events was different. The only reason they left him behind is that T-Dawg droped the key in the silliest way possible. T-Dawg than locked the door so no zombies could get on the roof or something like that. So it´s a lot different from shooting someone in the leg wen you still are 30 seconds ahead of the zombies and have no intension of getting rid of that person anyway. (besides, as mentiond before, he lost time fighting with him AND dubbled the weight he had to cary on his own wounded leg...)

I'm very surprised they managed to make me hate Shane even more than I already did. In fairness though, I hated him the minute I see him. I could care less about any argument as to why he did it, it's still a dickish move that he pulled.

Must say I'm really liking Daryl so far this season.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

It's Otis' own fault really. He accidentally shot the kid that they're getting the supplies for, so he sort of put himself in that situation. Plus he didn't make any effort to get into shape, knowing full well he'd be running away from zombies every now and then. It's common sense people.

Fine, whatever. If Otis wasn't fat, none of this would have happened, so it's still his own fault.

He wassent fat in the comics, the casting agent is to blame. :shifty:

I guess the biggest point is that you even have to talk about if it made sens... the situation was lacking the feeling of "he had no choise"... and wen i saw it i liked how it was cut, i sort of knew shane killed him the second he arived alone. It´s just the execution of that final sceene that was shit, it would have been stronger if they just had not shown what happend if they can´t create the drama properly. That would have created some mystery aswell.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Rule 1. Don't shoot kids.

Rule 2. Don't be fat.

Is it that hard, guys?! Come on.

Rule #2: Cardio

You might be onto something.

I am still convinced that most EWB members are what zombies are a metaphor for. :-)

So do we spend out time on fighting about me not being up to your low standarts again or do we go on with the show?

What's the weather like up in your Ivory tower?

• Like 2