AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I wouldn't be bothered so much if they hadn't hyped it up like they did. "EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW OF WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 AFTER BREAKING BAD!"

... "So, there will be zombies in season 2. That's good to know. I guess." >_>

• Like 1

Season 2 will start on October 16th.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-su5CbSMOc

Season 2 trailer! And some really interesting plot ideas hinted at, particularly the Shane and Andrea stuff, with the added bonus of our first glimpses at Herschel and Maggie Greene (has there been any word on whether the other eight million Greene kids will be in this season?). It's kind of interesting to see how the show's plot deviates further because of

Shane still being alive post-Atlanta, not to mention the presences of characters like Daryl.

Looks good.

I bet the green kids will be around if only to have people that can get eaten. Random black dude without a personalety gettin in a situation that looks terrible is no big surprise in that regard. :-/ I sooooo hope the writing will get up to the comics standart!

I am fairly vertain that the one building they are standing in is the area were the vatos lived, looks like it just has been overrun, i hope it´s not just a filler episode were they go there to get them to leave, find zombies and flee till the episode ends. <_<

Should I start losing hope for the second season being good? :(

I don't think you need to worry much about the second season as I'm pretty sure they'll be like, 70% done with it by now. It really depends on who takes over, I mean it's done very well playing out the way it is, so I think whoever they bring in will probably stick pretty closely to the current formula. Whoever it is could even improve on a few things.

Glen Mazzara is now the showrunner of TWD. Sort of a good news/bad news thing there, as the good news is he wrote one of the best episodes of season 1 and wrote good stuff on The Shield and the bad news is his track record as a showrunner is... uh. Awful, but on projects that were pretty unsalvageable.

Glen Mazzara is now the showrunner of TWD. Sort of a good news/bad news thing there, as the good news is he wrote one of the best episodes of season 1 and wrote good stuff on The Shield and the bad news is his track record as a showrunner is... uh. Awful, but on projects that were pretty unsalvageable.

The link is right though, Episode 5 was the best episode asides Episode 1 (these two being the only two that felt good enough to me anyway!). So this might be very good news for the shows direction.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/08/oh_frank_darabont_was_fired_from_the_walking_dead.php

When Frank Darabont appeared on a Comic-Con panel July 22 to promote The Walking Dead, he didn't realize he was a dead man walking. Neither did the cast and crew. Everyone was shocked when news broke three days later that AMC had taken the extraordinary step of firing Darabont from the network's biggest ratings hit.

In hot, sticky Atlanta, where production on the second season had been under way since June, the cast was summoned to a lunch meeting with AMC vp scripted programming Ben Davis, who confirmed that Darabont was out. The crew was briefed separately. One insider says those gathered were stunned at "the duplicity of AMC" for having used Darabont to promote the show at Comic-Con before firing him. And they were angry about the lack of explanation; they were simply told, cryptically, "This isn't working." Above all, they were disheartened. "It's a crushing blow," says the insider. "Even when you have a hit, they can still destroy you."

MORE interestingly there's this:

THR's story -- which goes on for quite some length, and is pretty interesting, if disheartening -- says Darabont turned in an episode with unusable footage, which is bad, but mainly fought and bitched about AMC's budget cuts on the show, which were a pretty massive $650,000.

I'm sort of gaping at how badly AMC is imploding this year. The issues with Mad Men and Matthew Weiner, this, and I heard something about issues re: Breaking Bad as well. Maybe they should focus on not going beyond their means with introducing new shows (especially when one of them is The Killing, which has been divisive to say the least) rather than screwing with the people making their hits.

I'm sort of gaping at how badly AMC is imploding this year. The issues with Mad Men and Matthew Weiner, this, and I heard something about issues re: Breaking Bad as well. Maybe they should focus on not going beyond their means with introducing new shows (especially when one of them is The Killing, which has been divisive to say the least) rather than screwing with the people making their hits.

Depends what you need the 650000$ for... in my eyes you do not need to block of and repaint Atlanta for the walking dead. Great writing, acting, makeup and camera work (as in work, not as in setting up great crans, hellicopters or whatnot for fancy shots that serve no purpos) are far more important.

Just imagin how much monny they could save if they´d stop shooting on 35 mm film... (you not only save tons of monny on the film, you also would get shit don much faster wich is saving another ton of dollarys.)

Most great zombie movies had a little budget. This reminds me that i still have not seen "colin".

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 1 month later...

Six webisodes building up the next season, the dialogs are terrible the makeup is great...

Edit//

Seriusly, the writing is so terrible... i hope stuff gets better wen they get to the past darabond era.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So happy it's back :) Great first episode, my only problem:

T-Dog should be dead. He was gushing, there's no way he doesn't bleed out from that. Instead, he's not even phased by it later on. Ridiculous!