AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

From the way it reads it seems like Darabont is the main force behind the writing anyway. Also if he's released the people who wrote some of the really bad dialogue scenes over the course of this season then more power to him.

I read an article earlier where they deny the writers were fired. The only change is that Charles Eglee decided to leave on his own.

However, the bad news is, the second season won't start for almost a year. They're shooting for October 2011.

From the way it reads it seems like Darabont is the main force behind the writing anyway. Also if he's released the people who wrote some of the really bad dialogue scenes over the course of this season then more power to him.

I read an article earlier where they deny the writers were fired. The only change is that Charles Eglee decided to leave on his own.

However, the bad news is, the second season won't start for almost a year. They're shooting for October 2011.

Well yeah, when did you think it would start?

Well yeah, when did you think it would start?

This years Season was cut Short because they wanted the late start. When they got renewed for a full Season everyone assumed that they would start within the usual Season scheduel.

I guess it will just be Sunday again. Straight on Halloween is usualy said to be bad because everybody is out to party. - To be honest, i imagin that there are a ton of reruns on around halloween, they could just have the season premiere be a TWD movie each year and cash in good.

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/2010/12/05/robert-kirkman-and-ifanboy-at-nycc-2010/

It´s no real info on the show or spoilers, just skip to Minute 32 and enjoy the Kirkman Show. i laughed a lot. ^^

Edit

Boy, i don´t think they could have put on a weaker finaly.

I feel that drunk Shane atacking Lauri should have been the first time he showed signs of insanety (so no wifebeater beating and gun at rick pointing n such).. it would have been nice to have the alkohol show the darkness burried deep down in him for the first time.

The whole CDC shit seems Pointless. With Jacky dead T-Dawg wins the Redshirt of the Season award.

Darel was almost slapstick funny, i liked it but it was far far far away from fitting what this show needs to be.

I´ll keep it at that so that the hype belivers get less angry at me... shit it was by fucking far the worst episode.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I think the only reason that the CDC thing was part of this season was to show that everything is gone and to give the sense that there isn't any hope at all for things going back the way they were. The CDC being abandoned and exploding is a good sign of that I guess.

I agree with matzat that it was definately a weak finale and the shittest episode by far...

nothing from the episode was really drawing me in, I found it to be quite boring... I was waiting for the reappearance of Merle or something of importance, wheres the black dude and his kid?... nothing... was definately disappointed by it...

I've never read the graphic novels or anything but the first season was definately a good watch and I can see why it garnered such praise and attention... Be looking forward to season 2 hopefully they can pick it up a little bit more from the finale...

If I was going to judge if I wanted to watch the series a year later just on this episode, I wouldn't. I loved the semi-season, but this episode was lacking the big finale feel. Besides losing a character who wasn't important since the first episode and a doctor who just showed up on the last episode, it didn't hype anything for the next season. At the very least they should of had A shot of Merles feet walking before panning up and showing him. Merle would have been the BIG suspenseful build to end the season. Again, it was a good episode, but wasn't big enough for a finale.

nothing from the episode was really drawing me in, I found it to be quite boring... I was waiting for the reappearance of Merle or something of importance, wheres the black dude and his kid?... nothing... was definately disappointed by it...

Thats a big problem with this seasons. It´s like surviver of the week. Six Episodes and you already had the Vatos, Morgan and his Son and the CDC. Lot´s of stuff that seems Pointless for the long run and stuff that actualy had some build dos not get a pay off. Instead you get a Lame Lost moment by Rick getting wispert to learning something i bet the doc could just have said out loude.

Pretty gutted there's only six episodes in the first season, didn't even realise until watching this episode. Back to the usual annoying shit of having to wait an entire year just like they do with every enjoyable programme (see True Blood).

It wasn't a fantastic finale, but it wasn't too bad. Left the feeling of 'were the fuck do they go now?' and I'm certainly interested in knowing what exactly the doctor whispered into the ear of Rick. While I certainly am loving the show, the season fell slightly short of my expectations, but I think that's down to the short amount of episodes really.

Anyone else have the feeling that the doctor told Rick that his wife was pregnant when he whispered into his ear? which he would have been able to find out from the blood test... That was my first thought anyway...

That would be a really interesting twist. I was thinking it was more along the lines of admitting the cameras caught Shane trying to rape Lauri. But definitely a poor finale. They definitely needed some sort of stronger cliff hanger, like Merle.

If it does take a whole year for a new season to come out, I really wont be upset about it. Not to say the show has been bad, but I haven't found it to be all that good, nor did I find myself getting excited for new episodes each week. I think the thing that hooked me in at first, outside it being a show about zombies, was how much detail and how little censorship went into the design of some of the zombies in the pilot. After that and probably the next one or two episodes, the feeling has been lost. The only character I can say that I like would be Dale (the old guy I believe) and maybe Glen as a close second.

It does make me want to read the graphic novels the show was based on, though.

I liked what it was trying to accomplish and as, say, a penultimate episode of the season it would have worked well. Unfortunately, it was the finale. I still liked it more than... I want to say probably the third episode. They really needed to (helloooooo comic spoilers as follows)

Pull the trigger, no pun intended, on what happens to Shane in the comics because they're very blatantly heading there and I don't want to wait a whole second season to get there. Basically they should have skipped the Vatos subplot, condensed episodes four and five for a fourth episode (or condensed episodes three and four and made five the fourth), made this episode five, and then had episode six be "oh hey Lori's pregnant" (that is totally what it is) and then Shane finally snapping and getting killed.

Jacqui's death was, yeah, not very moving because... well. There was no drama to it. She's appeared in five out of the six episodes this season and we still didn't know her beyond her old job and so to have her die like that and to have it mean anything we would have had to have grown to know her and like her and be shocked at her decision to just give up and accept death. Now of the original characters in the group we're down to T-Dog and Daryl, which is unsurprising as they're the only two who were given any real characterization whatsoever ("wifebeater" doesn't count, sorry Ed).

The failure to even acknowledge that Merle's still out there was also bad. Kirkman has outright said that they've got big plans for him, there should have been some sort of teaser of them beyond "he's totally not dead and he stole our truck" two weeks ago. The more I think about this episode the more content I am in saying that The Walking Dead was like the inverse Rubicon; started incredibly strong and exciting and finished weakly.

I liked the series and enjoyed the finale, but I guess my opinion doesn't matter as I'm just one of the "hype believers". :)

I think the death at the end would've been more effective if they kept some of the others around. Like the grey haired woman and her kid maybe. At least with a few more it would've reinforced the idea of no hope.

I can agree with that. Carol wouldn't have been a big loss (she's probably my least-favorite character in the comic) and there would have been a bit more shock in that instead of what was basically a one-two punch of "we don't really know what to do with them now so let's write them out" for Morales (but maybe he'll come back) and Jacqui.

I'll agree with the lack of Merle being disappointing. Ultimately, whilst I really enjoyed all of the show thus far and felt the finish was good, it really feels like they needed more episodes this series. It's fine to use the first series to set up the show for further series, but another 6 episodes really would have helped. If I'm honest, as a fan of the comic the first few volumes just didn't excite me and I've had a hard time figuring out how they'd put together a great finale out of that without doing the whole Shane storyline... and even then, that's not great.

I can definitely see the next series being set during the winter in that town they end up in the comics.

I'm going to guess that, not including whatever new characters/scenarios we get in season two, we'll get

The introduction of Tyreese, Hershel Greene's farm, the prison, and the introduction of Michonne, with the town of Woodbury/The Governor being saved for a third season. The suburbs can probably be skipped. I can't see Darabont putting off bringing Michonne in for another season, and I'd think that Tyreese and Hershel are big enough characters that they'll show up as well.