AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I love finding out that people's accents are Americanized for TV. Lincoln, Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck, Hugh Laurie from House. It's awesome.

Also I will be first in line to buy that DVD.

You mean when actors who aren't american put on accents to play characters from america? That is strange.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Couple of notable casting announcements just made for two of the comic's more notable characters; Scott Wilson (notably had a recurring role in CSI and was in In the Heat Of the Night way back, which is awesome) is playing Herschel Greene, and Lauren Cohan, whom probably a few of us just saw on Chuck this year as Vivian Volkoff, will be playing Maggie Greene. Which is probably a role she's much more suited to than she was for Volkoff, really.

I honestly think the only people who closely resemble their counter-parts in the comics are Rick, Glenn, and Dale. Feels weird seeing the same characters with different looks to me, but that's just me being picky. Also, is Michonne going to be making her debut this season? She's probably one of my more favored characters in the series.

I think she will, because I don't think Frank Darabont is going to be able to wait another season to introduce her, seeing as she's apparently his favorite character from the comics.

I always wonder what she ever did to make people like her so much. I don´t dislike her, but she dident

get to much depth to her character besides being a badass with a cool blade and some random sex, right? She´s cool and all, but nothing that makes or breaks the book for me.

I am looking forward much more for Tyrese, and everything surrounding Hershels farm and the Prison. - But i guess them finding the Prison will be the Season two clifhanger.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

besides being a badass with a cool blade

That's pretty much the main reason. Michonne stands out because in regards to the comic she's on a level of badass in fights that only Tyrese, Andrea, and Abraham match up to. Plus her introduction is the best intro for any single character in the comic thusfar.

That being said, apparently much of this season is taking place on Herschel's farm, so she might not show up in season two.

They way she showed up she could show up everywere. The governor feels like the only character as over the top as her, at least from the top of my head they are the only two characters that felt distinctly comicbooky.

If she would die next issue i would not be to down... but than again the amount of characters i don´t want to die has been narrowed down in the past since a lot of the old timers died... and in the past two/three years (?) there have not been to many characters that got a lot of pannels without dieing.

Comic Spoilers about who is still alive to date.

(i think the latest new one among the living i´ed care about is Abraham)

I´ed hate to see Glenn or especialy Andrea die... i am amazed how little i care about Carl being shot, i kinda don´t see him dieing because i feel that Rick will die at some point and a messed up carl will take over as the lead Character... so , asides of the WTF?! moment, i guess thats the reason why i don´t feel to much about that storyline.

But i am a bit down on the Comic anyway, i think a bit more evil Rick would have don the comic good instead of Douglas just going "zOMG Rick you re the perfect leader!!!11". I am also very sad on how Douglas died, so much potential wasted. :-( Right now we are kinda back to were they first found the prison and started rebuilding. But one less than ideal twist in 86 issues issent to bad in the world of comic books, i just hope that it picks up some storyline besides rebuilding soon... there should be a lot to do and to discover in DC!

Yes, it´s about how, not where. If she gets introduced like she was in the comic everybody will just be :w00t:.

(that can´t be this hard to understand, you guys need to work your english. :mellow: )

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

(that can´t be this hard to understand, you guys need to work your english. :mellow: )

This is my favorite part.

Comic Spoilers (Depending on where you are)

I can't wait until the Prison season, just because it's possibly my favorite arc in the entire series to date.

I also echo the statement that the people I care for have narrowed significantly. I still care for all the originals, naturally, and the only new characters who I care for are Maggie, Michonne, and Abraham. Heath seems like someone who I will end up caring about if he stays alive long enough. I'm guessing I just like the idea of having another version of early Glenn.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...