AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

But seriously Ruki, when Redneck #2 (I don't actually watch the show so I don't know names) was rustling in the bushes right after everyone fights the zombie, why didn't they shoot aimlessly into the bushes?? Clearly you obviously need to try to protect your camp at all costs, so if you hear something coming towards you without identifying themselves you have every right to shoot. Also, back to episode one, when Black Guy the Elder had his sights on his zombified wife, why didn't he shoot? Its things like this that make me want to go skydiving without a parachute in protest.

• Like 2

...oh shit, you're right, I've never actually watched this show. My bad!

Well, it´s either that or you have never learned to drive before. At least at my first drive(s) i was rather bussy not killing the engin every time i switched a gear, but i am shure you already did your 180 degree sliding car turns. You must be closely related to Chuck Norris!

Regarding Glenn's driving

First of all, I think that is a ridiculous thing to nitpick in the first place, but in the comics, prior to the apocalypse Glenn was a car thief-- so if you need an explanation for his gone in sixty seconds driving, there it is Matzat.

Regarding Glenn's driving

First of all, I think that is a ridiculous thing to nitpick in the first place, but in the comics, prior to the apocalypse Glenn was a car thief-- so if you need an explanation for his gone in sixty seconds driving, there it is Matzat.

I was not questioning him being able to drive. LittleDaniel was.

I actually thought the writing was pretty clumsy in heavy dialogue scenes this past episode. I've always had some concerns with that re: this show, but shit like "Let me process this; (STATES THE OBVIOUS)" and that entire scene with the women being all "I miss these generic things that stereotypical women would miss" after making an astute observation about the stereotypical gender roles in the camp followed by the stereotypical misogynist character being a misogynist stereotype were awful. This is a problem, because The Walking Dead is very much a dialogue-heavy character study in the framework of the zombie apocalypse.

I love Darryl, though, and how efficient he is in terms of reusing his arrows.

I love Darryl, though, and how efficient he is in terms of reusing his arrows.

Agreed, once he started pulling his arrows out of their eye sockets I realized how awesome a crossbow would be in the zombie apocalypse. The convenience of killing from a distance with none of the noisy hassle a gun gives you, and pretty much infinite ammo if you keep re-using your arrows.

I've been loving this show so far, can't wait til we see how the gang plans to grab that bag Rick left in the street. I agree that a lot of the important dialog has been sub-par, but I feel that most of the main characters have already built decent personalities for themselves, and we're only three episodes in. I've never read the comics, so the story and all of the characters are completely new to me, and it's been great to have a new drama that I make sure to catch every week. I think LOST was the last one I bothered with before this.

... fucking finally. It took three episodes but THAT was what this show needs to be; all about the characters. Great to see Shane finally start showing some sympathetic characteristics, great to see Rick and his family reunited, great to see Ed and his wife's interaction, great to see... ah fuck it, it was just great. I went into the episode wondering if perhaps it was going to be a show that would be better to watch en masse on DVD instead, but that episode was the clincher, I'll stick with it until the end of the season and hope it stays more like that rather than the double take the first episode needed and the mediocre show at best that the second episode was.

Now that was a fucking episode. Really made sense why there were so many stock characters hanging around the campground, that attack was brutal. Wonder what happened to Merle, his brother is awesome though. I think that the dialogue was much better this episode too, although I really haven't had a problem with it before.

About Merle:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Merle loaded the zombies into the truck and unleashed them on the camp... pretty surprised Amy's death came so soon and completely out of nowhere. Nice touch.

Great episode though.

About Merle:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Merle loaded the zombies into the truck and unleashed them on the camp... pretty surprised Amy's death came so soon and completely out of nowhere. Nice touch.

Great episode though.

Yeah that's what I was referring to.

Absolutely amazing episode.

Well, I mean.

Robert Kirkman pretty much wrote Amy's death the exact same way both times. The only difference being that this time she wasn't the one who died first thanks to Ed.

Didn't really have too much interest in the middle act with the titular Vatos, but the first third with the city group following Merle's trail and the final third were both tremendous. Daryl only gets more awesome, too. Loved what he did as part of the good cop/bad cop routine.

I didn't put the Merle and Zombie thing together. I thought he just stole the truck to go back to the camp but I didn't think he'd bring all the zombies after everyone. That's pretty genius actually.

• Like 1

The Vatos stuff felt pritty "we need a filler", i liked the end, but before they saw the hospital it was pritty much irrational gang banging... realy not the buildup this twist deserved because knowing now what i did not know first i don´t belive the Gangster Vatos at all.

Otherwise the best episode so far because it had by far the least holes in it. Deryl joings Glen and Dale on the awsome characters lust. Don´t know about the dreaming the future stuff... we´ll see, i hope it dos not become a regulat act.