AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I find it ironic that due to the generally shit quality of episodic dramas and television shows in general in the past 5 or so years, peoples expectations are still overwelmingly high.

I find it ironic that due to the generally shit quality of episodic dramas and television shows in general in the past 5 or so years, peoples expectations are still overwelmingly high.

It's like rain on your wedding day.

Seriously though, its a show about zombies. To my knowledge, the past 5 or so years never did a zombie show. At least not over here in the U.S.

o_O

Really? I would say the last five years for episodic drama have arguably been the best in television history. Just off the top of my head, these shows were on at some point in the last five years:

Dexter

Burn Notice

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

House

Lost

The Shield

True Blood

Big Love

Damages

Battlestar Galactica

Friday Night Lights

Veronica Mars

The Sopranos

24 (at least for couple seasons)

Honestly, I cannot remember a better time for television than the last decade, especially for one hour dramas/dramadies. And even with high expectations, I'd say that The Walking Dead more than lived up to them.

• Like 2

Didnt most of those shows start at least 7 or 8 years ago though? That was my point. Not one show (barring Dexter and BN) have really took the whole television world by storm. Least ones i have seen anyway.

I'm pretty sure The Shield and The Sopranos are the only shows on that list that started before 2004.

And really, Mad Men hasn't taken the TV world by storm? Emmy-award winning show for Best Drama every year it's been on? Changed the entire direction of the network it was on?

True Blood... pretty much HBO's only hit since The Sopranos ended?

Lost, the television event of the decade?

Seriously, if the "last five years or so" have been shit, when was TV good?

Havent seen Mad Men or True Blood so cant comment on them. Hate vampire driven shows and Mad Men just sounds tedious to me. Lost yes i do agree.

Then why are you saying that Drama series have all been shit in the last couple of years? How the fuck can you be arrogant enough to state this, although you haven't seen even one of the more popular shows at the moment (e.g. Mad Men)? Ridiculous.

Many of the shows Zero named have been constantly good or great. If Dexter is your definition of 'taking the television world by storm' than fuck me you have no clue about television. This is coming from a guy who loves Dexter, but it definitely didn't hold a constant level of greatness like other shows did. Breaking Bad comes to mind.

Anyways, back on the main topic before I'm going mad. I thought the first episode was great, but wasn't impressed until the door-scene at the hospital. The beginning was pretty boring in my opinion. However, once the whole zombie-thing really took off, it was awesome. The last scenes provided a really interesting cliffhanger (not the best ever by any means, but still good) and I'm excited for the next episode. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Oh and I love the visuals and amount of gore. It wouldn't have worked without it, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure

I'm pretty sure that Jacob doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and just randomly hits keys to sate the spasms in his malformed brain.

• Like 3

Ah Benji. The social "overlord" of EWB. Probably had too much attention from his Dad when he was younger?

One of a very few selected people on this board i wouldnt mind breaking his fucking neck.

• Like 1

If by "those people", you mean people who think you're an ass, pretty much everyone is one of "those people".

• Like 4