AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Oh well. I can live with it.

Kind of ironic you are being all hard and "internet gangsta" on your keyboard but i would fuck you up in real life. You are nothing to me. You are the shit on the shoe of life. You are the pus filled spot on the face of humanity.

I cannot even begin to describe to tell you how much i fucking despise you. I would gladly burn down your family home with everyone in it.

• Like 1

In the interest of not getting someone banned, I'm going to stop replying to him now. Jacob, if you want the last word, feel free; I just wanna' talk about zombies.

How many people here have read any of the comics? I myself have only actually read the first five or six trades, planning on getting more around Christmas.

I'm planning on reading them, probably next on my list after finishing Sandman.

Without spoilering the comics for me, what are the main differences to the TV Show? More style-wise than character-wise.

I enjoyed the first episode, although I'm closer to Benji's overall viewpoint than anyone else's. It was good, and I found Lennie James to be fantastic. With all the emotion surrounding Lennie James and his wife, it was actually the horse being eaten by zombies that got the biggest reaction out of me. In a zombie apocalpse, humans are fair game, but you zombie fuckers can't do that to a horse!

Anyway, I'll be watching more.

The highlight of the first episode for me was when the black dude (Morgan, I guess, from reading back >_>) was upstairs picking off the zombies with the sniper, waiting for his wife to appear - it would be crazy being in his shoes in that situation. I have a feeling there's gonna come a time when he has to kill her once and for all though.

And I thought the episode was going to end with him under the tank, surrounded by them. Looking forward to episode two, but not so much the whole love triangle thing that seems inevitable.

You've made that decision based on the whole five minutes he was on screen? I think Bernthal will surprise us, and really, that's kinda the whole point of Shane's character. He's a good ol' boy who thinks he's a leader, but he's not half the man Rick is and that leads to quite an interesting change in the man's personality. We should probably wait to see how the guy does when his actual story comes into play before we jump the conclusion that it was a bad casting decision.

You've made that decision based on the whole five minutes he was on screen? I think Bernthal will surprise us, and really, that's kinda the whole point of Shane's character. He's a good ol' boy who thinks he's a leader, but he's not half the man Rick is and that leads to quite an interesting change in the man's personality. We should probably wait to see how the guy does when his actual story comes into play before we jump the conclusion that it was a bad casting decision.

His look, his personality, his voice, his mannerisms. None of them matched up to the man that I had in my mind. Maybe that's just my own preconceptions, maybe it's not and they wanted to make him different. The point of a pilot is to show what you've got to offer, and I hope I'm wrong, but either way he just didn't sit right with me whatsoever.

POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW.

Seriously. Don't click this if you don't want a humongous spoiler, I've given you a second chance because it IS pretty big.

:D Maybe that's the point, make sure he's utterly dislikeable instead of being able to slightly empathise with him and make his death satisfying.

Besides, not like I have to care, if all goes to plan he'll be dead soon anyway

I really loved the premiere. I'm hooked. The moment that he turned that corner on the horse and saw the giant swarm of zombies was incredible, but the last image is the one that stuck with me. The panning up on the scene where you see all the zombies lurking the streets gave me a huge sense of claustrophobia and fear. It was crazy.

... until the end. That moment where he was stuck under the tank. Oh fuck, I don't think I've ever felt more claustrophobic in all my life. Fuck. The moment he sat next to the soldier inside you just knew what was going to happen, but you're still panicking from before, so you react to Rick's reaction.

I found them the complete opposite, found them very weak and didn't feel anything like you two.

powerhart.png

• Like 6

Personally loved the opener. Started a little slow but soon picked up and it's got me pretty hyped now. Never read the comic so I've no clue how anything is going to pan out. I'd actually say I liked it even more than I expected, parts of it even had a little 'old school' feeling to them too.

Oh and I'm also so happy to have Sarah Wayne Callies back on my screen :wub:

The only casting choice I found to be odd was Laurie Holden as Andrea, since she's about twelve years older than the character is in the books. I'm sure she'll be awesome in the role, she's a great actress, but:

fairly big character spoiler

her relationship with Dale won't quite be the same.

They'll make it work though.

She still looks young enough that it won't be as big a deal as I initially thought when I first saw it, and she really does look like Andrea. I still would have preferred a younger actress in the part, though.

Loved the second episode, great follow up to the opener and loved the new additions. Loving their take on all of this, much more 'hardcore' than I expected with the gore and slight sex scenes, almost taking on a True Blood style role which I'm loving.

Is it normal that I detest Shane with a passion though?