AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic and I always ask...so? Michonne was not in the first episode! Oh no! Why would you want to watch a show that you literally have the exact script of at home in the comic? That seems to be the bulk of the argument in that article and the comments being made.

Thats bullshit. What people with a brain are asking for is that the show should be up to the level of the comics writing (which it still issent by far even if it has gotten better slowly). I am all for new storys, what do i have to gain from seeing a shot by shot copy of the comic?

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic and I always ask...so? Michonne was not in the first episode! Oh no! Why would you want to watch a show that you literally have the exact script of at home in the comic? That seems to be the bulk of the argument in that article and the comments being made.

Thats bullshit. What people with a brain are asking for is that the show should be up to the level of the comics writing (which it still issent by far even if it has gotten better slowly). I am all for new storys, what do i have to gain from seeing a shot by shot copy of the comic?

Matzat kinda has it right. I mean I'd watched all of season one and two before I started the comics.. I'm now upto issue 60 and the comics are just another level. I like the show - a lot, I do, but the comics are fantastic. No way do I want the show to take exactly the same turns as the comics, but I'd like to see the characters and story built as strongly.

Issue #19 of TWD is free on comixology today. (it´s the first issue with a certain character that apeared on the season finale)

http://www.comixology.com/The-Walking-Dead-19/digital-comic/FEB051603

And yes. How kirkman writes his comics (mostly TWD and Invincible) is amazing. There are barely no, if any, plotholes or inconsistency in the storys "universe" and you can always see that he has a plan of were he wants to go and he is following it 100%. If you reread the story there are a million little things for shadowing whats going to happen. - And all of this makes everything that happens have more impact on you reading because you have a stronger bond to each character, fear for them and so on. Sometimes you turn the page and what you see is just so strong that you just feel like someone hit you in your stomach.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I know it's just a vague example for a complaint but just wanted to clarify that Michonne actually showed up faster than she did in the comics.

More on the game.

Kirkman interview + gameplay.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/22/playing-dead-episode-3-walking-dead-the-game

The 3d art actualy looks very very good for telltale standarts. the animation seems a bit chopy but still, wow.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Here's an interview with Glenn Mazzara taking fan questions about the finale.

Expect spoilers. Here's something from part 2 I found interesting:

Why is everyone mad about Rick killing Shane? Lori seems really pissed about the situation. Does she love Shane? -thadude

A: The group is upset with Rick in general for keeping Jenner's secret and killing one of their own. Murder in a small-knit group is not to be taken lightly, so of course they would be upset. And Lori loves Rick, and she has recently realized that she does indeed love Shane. She almost said so in "Better Angels." She decides to take action by talking to Rick, so when Lori is horrified by Rick's confession, yes, she is upset a man she loved was killed but more importantly, that man was killed by another man she loves and she was a catalyst... She is horrified by her own culpability and is projecting that self-hatred onto Rick.

Recent picture of Michael Rooker.

Ao5WOILCIAEqVmc.jpg

He's been talking on twitter about The Walking Dead requiring him to drop 30+ pounds. At his most recent convention appearance he had a full beard. Gives you an idea of the Merle we'll be seeing next season.