AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

That was really really really really good. I want to believe with all my heart that the actual full episodes will live up to that trailer's promise.

• 1 month later...
IT'S OFFICIAL! The Walking Dead: Episode Three – Long Road Ahead will release Tuesday, August 28th on PlayStation Network in North America for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass option for $19.99 which includes all five episodes. The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly. European and international release dates for PlayStation Network are still to be confirmed. The title is in submission with our international partners at SCEE, and as soon as Telltale Games receives a release confirmation, a date will be announced.

The Walking Dead: Episode Two – Starved for Help will also be available this Wednesday, August 29th on iOS as an in-app purchase within 'Walking Dead: The Game' for $4.99 or as part of the Multi-Pack bundle that includes episodes 2-5 for 14.99, a 25% savings versus buying all the episodes individually.

On steam it will just automaticly download like every other update. I think the telltale downloader for the game will do the same.

Episode one was first online on steam, episode two had like a full day headstart on xbox life. There is no telling how it will work out thistime.

• 1 month later...

Correct. This is where the TV season gets nuts for me. Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Amazing Race for however much longer I stick with it, Walking Dead, one after the other after the other.

What an AMAZING season premiere! Holy crap!

I LOVED everything! The momentum carried over beautifully from the season finale last year. All those involved have said the season premiere is just the beginning of that and the momentum never stops, it just builds more and more. Herschel losing his leg is a nice wink to the comic and a good alternative to Rick losing his hand. I actually do hope that the amputation DOES safe him, just like the soldier in the original Day of the Dead film. Sort of gives a bit of "hope" to the survivors in a morbid way. The zombie SWAT team was a terrific touch. The removal of the SWAT members helmet/face was great! Just great. I loved it. GAHHHHH!

:w00t:

They've been at this so long that they're all amazing snipers with handguns...but they haven't mastered the art of checking to see if a zombie is really dead? Or not walking directly over them, just to be safe?

Probably one of the best, if not the best episodes the show has ever done, mainly due to

A lot of action and not much corny dialogue. The characters actually made sense for the most part, with no one switching sides or getting pissed just for drama's sake. The ending with Hershel was once again a moment where the show made the characters do stupid things to make something happen, but that is to be expected. I'm with Maxx here, although we could argue that Hershel was upset because his daughter was missing. It's much more questionable why they went in those stupid corridors anyways, instead of just trying to lure the zombies out or something, which they actually did throughout the rest of the episode. It is even more questionable why they would take Hershel along - he is the only doctor, has to deliver a baby soon, and probably has the most extensive farming knowledge, all things they need. It would make much more sense to leave him and take our new badass Carl, although you could have probably left both behind and be safe.

Edited by fr34k