AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Probably one of the best, if not the best episodes the show has ever done, mainly due to

The ending with Hershel was once again a moment where the show made the characters do stupid things to make something happen, but that is to be expected.

I am amazed how they did this. Because the idea of this is straight from the comic but executed so much better in the comic. It´s astonishing how two writing teams can turn such up with such a different quality standard for the same license. The Videogame feels like it´s adding another great story to the comics world while the TV show is just a illogical rehash of the comic. If it at least was a great rehash...

I actually did not think the season premiere was terrible. But it´s just missing so much of the magic Comic and game bring... at best it´s just "yay, zombies and gore on a tv show". :(

Yeah, jeez, there's a ton of things you could nitpick if you pay attention. I don't think what Hershel did really warrants this kind of reaction. And it's pretty easy to say "Oh yeah, why wouldn't you check this, this and this?" whilst watching at home, rather than being the guy in the dark, in a panic, being chased by zombies, trying to find his daughter.

:shifty:

I swear some of you guys watch this show expecting the characters to be some kind of zombie killing SWAT team. :P

Awesome episode, really fantastic. I have a hard time caring all that much about Lori's story, but there's more than enough great stuff happening otherwise to negate that.

• Like 2

Probably one of the best, if not the best episodes the show has ever done, mainly due to

The ending with Hershel was once again a moment where the show made the characters do stupid things to make something happen, but that is to be expected.

I am amazed how they did this. Because the idea of this is straight from the comic but executed so much better in the comic. It´s astonishing how two writing teams can turn such up with such a different quality standard for the same license. The Videogame feels like it´s adding another great story to the comics world while the TV show is just a illogical rehash of the comic. If it at least was a great rehash...

I actually did not think the season premiere was terrible. But it´s just missing so much of the magic Comic and game bring... at best it´s just "yay, zombies and gore on a tv show". :(

Stop watching the show. Seriously.

Also? Really enjoying what they've done with Carl so far. I think we may be past the point of "STAY IN THE FUCKING HOUSE, CARL!"

• Like 1

That was fucking awesome.

Carl is awesome. Herschel's other daughter has a personality now! There's more prisoners than in the comic, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with 'em. Just a really good episode. Herschel was alone, in the dark, and looking for his daughter. It's no surprise he fucked up, bigger surprise was him going. Loved the amputation, too. So glad this show is back.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws (fr34k did it and that was fine) or hatewatching, really, I'm just sick of the same post over and over.

One of my favorite touches in the episode;

That small town Michonne and Andrea were in sort of had a desolated spaghetti western ghost town look to it, which was awesome. It sort of reminded me of how in The Wire, Omar Little was the character who was larger than life so they were able to do scenes like a Mexican stand-off with him.

Absolutely loved the premiere for season 2.

Right after the old man got bit I knew they were going to take off the leg. Hatchet job (literally) was gruesome but a very nice punch in the face of reality at the end of the episode. I really liked the subtle things in this episode like the no talking in the first sequence as they go into the house, clear it, Carl about eats the dog food, the walkers come up, and they hightail it ... to the first portion of clearing inside the prison and up in the booth the guard had clearly shot himself amidst whatever it was that went down. Small touches that add to the feel of everything. And yes, the Zombie Riot Squad (surely that'll be a band name at some point) was awesome. The only "nitpick" thing I'll mention is this: really ? After all the killing you've done, Rick being a freaking cop, and Daryl being "street" wise so to speak ... you freak out and are "surprised" there's a way around the riot armor ? Just thought it was a bit silly. Other than that, great opener.

They had it coming, they had it coming, they only have themselves to blame...

Very good episode.

Prisoners got thinned down a lot quicker than I expected. Interesting that someone was spying on the prison, but the Governor doesn't know about them being in it yet. Suppose it could be one of his guys though. Interesting in how the Gov is gonna play out on TV, because there's no way he can be like the comic version.