AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

That was... wow. Brutally uncomfortable, in a good way. I was honestly extremely disappointed in the way the Governor was adapted, and Negan, in one episode, at least to me, looks way more menacing than the Governor ever did in the show. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was a brilliant casting choice, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

My planner says Monday 31st for episode 2 for what it's worth.

As for the episode well. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is fantastic but fuck Negan. He can go suck a bag of dicks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

This show needs an end date or a major reset. I didn't have cable last year so I missed most of the season and just watched this and was most uninterested. So it looks like we're set up for another season of plotting towards taking down a big bad.

What show were you watching? That was a terrific episode, and arguably the best "big bad" introduction we've had for one of the comics' most interesting characters.

I also don't really get the whole "another big bad" thing. The only real season long big bad in the show's history was the well received Governor. Others have been lesser villains, half season villains, people who were regulars and turned on the group (Lizzie and Shane) or one shots. The Wolves are a possible exception if you count half seasons, but they didn't seem to have any singular character to act as an actual big bad unless you count the dude who was with the doctor lady, and he just seemed like a standard wolf who got caught unless I missed something (not that you would know this, as you apparently didn't watch most of last season).

There's plenty of reasons I can understand The Walking Dead not being for someone, especially seven seasons in, but this specific episode and "another" big bad when they've previously had one in six seasons are definitely not among them.

• Like 2

Nazi Robot Zombies or we riot. Right @MechaKanezilla

Spoiler

And the way they did that was perfect. Abraham dies first. I start feeling a little relieved. Then BAM! Glenn goes and my wife was literally in tears. Such a shocking moment :(

And I'll fully agree with everyone on Negan. JDM is so good that I want to hate Negan, but I find part of myself loving him. Absolutely Brilliant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jericode said:

What the fuck are you expecting if not another human big bad? Robo-zombies?

For the show to take a risk and do something outside the box rather than the same formula every season of:

• The group ends up in a new setting 
  • Rick tells everyone how "they can start a life here"
  • Rick vows to just blend in
  • Something happens that causes tension with the group and their new hosts
  • Rick takes over
  • Something bad happens that sets up a big battle 
  • In the battle, the camp is destroyed and eventually overrun by walkers
  • Our group ends up on the run, wandering aimlessly (potentially for a half season)
  • Back to step 1 and repeat

Say what you will about LOST, but they were willing to take risks and change the show so it wasn't six years of just trying to get off the island for the first time 

For the show to take a risk and do something outside the box rather than the same formula every season of:

• Rick takes over
  • Our group ends up on the run, wandering aimlessly (potentially for a half season)

Say what you will about LOST, but they were willing to take risks and change the show so it wasn't six years of just trying to get off the island for the first time 

• Rick takes over

• Rick takes over

• Like 9

Funny, I saw he'd posted the same thing twice, and MDK had the latest post in the thread. Knew what to expect from him!

Anyway, I watched Talking Dead for the first time ever

Spoiler

Glenn didn't want the death he had in the comics being given to anyone else, so it seems he was pretty content with leaving at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Funny, I saw he'd posted the same thing twice, and MDK had the latest post in the thread. Knew what to expect from him!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

• Rick takes over

Unless I missed part of it I'm sure only one of your bullet points there actually happened in this episode :/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iDOL said:

Whack-A-Mole world champion, IIRC

I could understand a aluminium baseball bat surviving that long, but a wooden one? Surely once you've cracked someone on the bonce more than once it will crack? Unless he saves that one for special occasions. I hit a few people with my aluminium one and it had a dent or two.