AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Michonne says her pets deserve what they got because they were never human and then

it dissolved in to the governor preparing to do something inhuman. Thats good storytelling. Not to mention it answered the question of who the pets were to michonne to everyone that didnt read the comic.

There are plenty of ways they could've told that same story element without a flashback. It felt unnecessary to do the flashback and even quite a bit jarring this late into the season given that the show doesn't do them. It just felt like footage left on the cutting room floor from earlier episodes.

• Like 1

In late comic new. Ezekiel is awsome.

Michonne says her pets deserve what they got because they were never human and then
it dissolved in to the governor preparing to do something inhuman. Thats good storytelling.

Just as good as telling Andrea that she never will get close to the govenor even though she is fucking him regularly and talks to him 60 seconds after she was told that she never will get close to him?

it dissolved in to the governor preparing to do something inhuman. Thats good storytelling. Not to mention it answered the question of who the pets were to michonne to everyone that didnt read the comic.

There are plenty of ways they could've told that same story element without a flashback. It felt unnecessary to do the flashback and even quite a bit jarring this late into the season given that the show doesn't do them. It just felt like footage left on the cutting room floor from earlier episodes.

At this point it did seem weird, especially given Mazarra's feelings about them, almost if he did it to satisfy people at AMC. But for 5 seconds it did its job. That point where they share a joke and show that they had a bond beyond Michonne yelling at Andrea "remember what I did for you" or "what we went through for 8 months." LOST proved that flashbacks can add to the story, even in a setting where the person's old life did not matter. People's past experiences shape who they are at their core and will influence them in a new setting. I just hope with the new showrunner next year we find out more about these people.

Somethings been bother me about this show for awhile now, and I was just wondering if someone could answer this quesion. So at the end of season two we learn that Jenner (?) told Rick that those whom are still "living" all carry whatever it is that turns people into walkers, thats fine and dandy. Enter into season 3, Lori gives birth to Judith - but shouldn't have Judith been born a walker by that logic? Lori/Shane/Rick are all carrying the genetic makeup to be passed on to Judith before shes even an actual living being. Its kind of like a baby being born HIV + by proxy of the mother being HIV +. Was this ever explained? Is it just a plot hole, or am I just over thinking?

Somethings been bother me about this show for awhile now, and I was just wondering if someone could answer this quesion. So at the end of season two we learn that Jenner (?) told Rick that those whom are still "living" all carry whatever it is that turns people into walkers, thats fine and dandy. Enter into season 3, Lori gives birth to Judith - but shouldn't have Judith been born a walker by that logic? Lori/Shane/Rick are all carrying the genetic makeup to be passed on to Judith before shes even an actual living being. Its kind of like a baby being born HIV + by proxy of the mother being HIV +. Was this ever explained? Is it just a plot hole, or am I just over thinking?

The "thing" is after death.

The baby was never dead.

Oh god damn it, I forgot tonight was Sunday and opened that :crying:

The car ride between Michonne and Merle was great, and when he eventually let her go? Amazing. That act made him a good guy....but after that, I kinda figured he was a goner. He redeemed himself, so it was time for him to go. But it's gonna be big next week....who is everyone's death list?

The Governor, Milton, a good chunk of the Woodbury guards, the person Tyreese was with, and Maggie or Glenn.

And I am pretty sure Daryl, Carl, Michonne and the baby are guaranteed to live.

I want it to be next Sunday already :(

I wish Merle had gotten in more offense in that little fight with The Governor. If he had it prob would have been my favorite way someone went out. As it stands that still belongs to T-Dog.

Was it Merle's plan all along to try to kill The Governor like that or did he decide on it when he let Michonne go?

By my count there were six deaths tonight. Seven tops. Next week is going to be a bloodbath.

I will miss the shit out of Michael Rooker on this show.

Now, for what the odds of character death in the finale are, by my estimation;

The named characters I have as clear cut locks to die are Allen, Martinez, and the huge black guy whose name I can't recall. Highly probable is The Governor (I really really hope he dies), Milton a little less, and probably Beth and Sasha a little bit behind Milton. I have a bad feeling about Herschel given what's happened in this episode, so his odds are around this point, followed by Carol, Andrea, and Maggie in that order.

I don't see Rick, Carl, Judith, Daryl, Michonne or Tyreese dying. Glen, possible but highly unlikely. A handful of non-Woodbury characters (maybe a tiny chance of Milton if Woodbury goes down in irreparable flames) will join them as the group in season four.

• Like 1

Fantastic episode.

Merle's Heel Face Turn was great, Michael Rooker was great, and Daryl being the one to find zombie!Merle and kill him was great. As far as character deaths go, I'm going with most of the named Woodbury civilians, Milton and The Governor probably, Sasha, Herschel, Carol, and Andrea. I don't think Maggie or Glenn will die, nor will any of Rick/Judith/Carl/Daryl/Michonne/Tyreese.

EDIT: Oh, and Michonne had some great lines tonight too.

It was a good episode and am really more surprised they didn't have other main characters die off. It just means, in my opinion, that they're gonna have a bunch of main-stayers die off in the finale. I too would have liked Merle to get more offense in on the Governor, but I guess that'll just make the payoff that much more when he finally dies.

As for predictions on who dies in the finale;

Governor (killed by Rick, because nothing else makes more sense)
Maggie
Herschel
Carol
A bunch of Woodbury people

That's about all I can really see dying off as main characters. They can't kill off too many because then they'll have to introduce too many new characters next season. I think Woodbury citizens are going to take the brunt of the killings.

I don't see Rick getting killed at all. That would be the end of the series. It's like Michael Scott leaving the Office...The show just doesn't work without him.

That was great .... wonderful set up for what is surely going to be the goriest/bloodiest/holy shit-est episode of the show's history next week.

Eh, I was hoping for more with Merle ... or maybe a cliffhanger going into the final episode and then opening it .... something. Sure, it worked and was phenomenal given his character and his dynamic through the series ... but I just wanted a bit more ooomph as he went out (as a human, not walker, that part was perfect).

I'm actually really torn on who bites it in the Finale.

Am I the only one that can see Milton taking out the Gov ? or letting it happen ? somehow being involved ?

Deaths I can see but don't want: Herschel, Carol, Milton

Deaths I want: Andrea, Gov

Deaths I actually think will happen: Half of Woodbury, the white guy with Tyreese, Gov, Andrea, one of Beth/Carol, one of Maggie/Glenn

That was great .... wonderful set up for what is surely going to be the goriest/bloodiest/holy shit-est episode of the show's history next week.

Eh, I was hoping for more with Merle ... or maybe a cliffhanger going into the final episode and then opening it .... something. Sure, it worked and was phenomenal given his character and his dynamic through the series ... but I just wanted a bit more ooomph as he went out (as a human, not walker, that part was perfect).

I'm actually really torn on who bites it in the Finale.

Am I the only one that can see Milton taking out the Gov ? or letting it happen ? somehow being involved ?

Deaths I can see but don't want: Herschel, Carol, Milton

Deaths I want: Andrea, Gov

Deaths I actually think will happen: Half of Woodbury, the white guy with Tyreese, Gov, Andrea, one of Beth/Carol, one of Maggie/Glenn

I think the sequence will be Governor killing Milton (maybe after Milton tries to kill the Governor but can't go through with it), then the Governor getting blindsided shortly after by one of Darryl, Rick or Tyreese)