AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Best episode since the pilot. This reminded me of why I liked Season 1 so much. Just a very minimal approach, a less is more approach but not to the point where it was a bottle episode or anything. Alan Sepinwall also pointed out that the guy wrote tonight's episode is taking over as showrunner for Season 4, so that gives me hope.

I loved the B-story. For the first time in a while showed Carl being something other than a punk with a Napoleon complex and a stupid hat. Glad we got some depth to Michonne as well.

Also, this is something I never would figured out if I had not have watched The Talking Dead, Lennie James, the guy who played Morgan, was in Snatch. Incredible.

I dont know, i found the last one pretty boring actually.... Wasnt terrible, just didnt see how it served the plot at alll,

what.

• Like 1

I dont know, i found the last one pretty boring actually.... Wasnt terrible, just didnt see how it served the plot at alll,

It served to show what Rick could become. I got the feeling that it was a swift kick to Rick's ass telling him that he needs to wake up or he could end up permanently crazy and alone. It was the best episode since season 1 episode 1 because it really felt like something straight out of the comics, it was unexpected and it gave a nice break from everything with the Gov. Loved it.

It closed the "where's Morgan" loophole, it gave Michonne an in with the group and a chance to show new shades of her personality, it offered insight into what Rick's going through by showing parallels in what Morgan and Michonne have gone through. It serves as a "this is where the world is now" state of affairs as evidenced by the indifference towards the hitchhiker and the ghost town that was once Rick's hometown. And it allowed for showing prepwork for the battle vs. Woodbury without just going "WELLP WE'RE BACK NOW."

It's the first episode since the pilot that really, truly, kept its focus narrow and only on a couple characters, which allowed for genuine insight into who they are, what drives them, and what they've sacrificed to survive. It's basically the closest thing TWD's done to a bottle episode.

• Like 6

This finally answered my long running question of "Where's Morgan?" Which I think if you search the topic, I've posted atleast 2 or 3 times. It showed Rick his potential future...crazy and alone, and worked Michonne into the group more by Carl accepting her. Great episode

I liked the narrow focus of the episode, they should do it more often.

Basically, what I'm saying is they need to do an hour of just Scott Wilson acting the shit out of something.

I remember I was horrified when the Governor launched his attack on the prison, because I was so sure that Hershel was going to die in that scene and I wasn't going to get to watch Scott Wilson do fantastic work on the show anymore.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but what do you want exactly? That was an amazing hour of television

To be honest... I didn't like that all that much either.

I hate it whenever the 'good guys' do totally stupid dumb stuff. So you're in the middle of a war with a group of people that is a lot bigger, stronger and armed than you are and in the space of a couple of episodes you

a) throw out 4 adults (one who is a bad-ass looking muscled man) from their secured prisoned state (which they don't compain about)

b) totally ignore a lonely guy who is not a threat AT ALL (but could at least help defend your family)

c) give up on convincing an old friend to at least check out what you've build

It's a goddamn miracle that this Rick guy made it through the first week of his 'new life'. He's a moron. He's also a guy that doesn't give a shit about letting innocent people die to prove what a badass he's become. But he's a good guy so I'm supposed to root for him. Well, it's better than rooting for the blond chick that is sleeping with a guy she should have figured out is crazy, violent and dangerous 5 episodes ago...

Regarding B and C.

- The guy by himself was a total unknown. He could have been a trap set by The Guv'nor leading to an ambush. Plus they were on a mission, they didn't have time to spare to pick someone up, make sure he's not crazy or bitten and that he isn't just going to try and carjack them and leave them in the middle of nowhere.

- It was obvious that he wasn't going to change his mind. He's given up on having a life and just sees his role now as clearing any walkers that come to his area. Given that they are at war they don't have the time to be trying to convince someone they know to join them for a long period of time. They could always go back if they survive the upcoming battle.

• Like 5