AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Another good episode! It was a little slower than last weeks (to be expected), but it was still good and pushed the story forward.

Kinda sad that Tyrese and his group are joining up with the governor...especially when they know the back way in. And next week looks like it's going to be full of action and awesome Carl-ness.

I've started to skip the previews for the next episodes...I like to be surprised when it comes to this show

• Like 1

I found myself really enjoying tonight's episode, despite the things i've said.

Though I did find the end a bit typical, I understand that she was deciding whether or not to kill the Governor and ultimately decided against it, but I think the same thing could have been conveyed with her just looking at a knife or something, and not doing it.

I think part of my problem is that this is the only season I've sat down to watch as it's aired on televison, I caught the first two seasons on a dvd/ripped from the internet combo sort of thing. I can't bring myself to sit through commerical breaks and wait a week for 45 minutes of new content and be on the edge of my seat the way most everybody is with this show, that I know, so I get sucked in to watching it with friends and family and what not. I had four whole seasons of Breaking Bad to junk out on available to me when I started watching that and it was great.

I really hope Tyreese turns it around at some point, but I don't see it happening. He really doesn't have any reason to help Rick. And Darryl pretty much fills his role in the show. I get the feeling this is going to result in something more along the lines of showing just how different the characters from the comic can turn out in the show. 5 episodes left! Kinda sucks, I was hoping we'd reach some kind of television heaven where a Sunday night meant (for me anyway) Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Shameless and Californication.

I seriously doubt that Tyrese's position is permanent. Pretty sure he'll catch on about the Gov and when it comes down to it he'll end up with Rick while the white boy of his group eats it.

Yeah Allen and Ben are goners. I hope Tyrese comes around and joins the Ricktatorship at the end of the season.

I am just wondering in how many different times will Tyrese say some version of "We just want to earn our keep." With Tyrese and his group and just about every character outside the Ricktatorship, we don't know really who these characters are and why they are the way they are. I have always heard that Mazara is heavily influenced by LOST. In LOST, we eventually got to see what the Tailies went through in "The Other 48 Days." I think it would really benefit everybody if we saw an episode like that for the rise of the Governor and Woodbury, what happened over the winter with Andrea & Michonne and Tyrese's group.

I am just wondering in how many different times will Tyrese say some version of "We just want to earn our keep." With Tyrese and his group and just about every character outside the Ricktatorship, we don't know really who these characters are and why they are the way they are. I have always heard that Mazara is heavily influenced by LOST. In LOST, we eventually got to see what the Tailies went through in "The Other 48 Days." I think it would really benefit everybody if we saw an episode like that for the rise of the Governor and Woodbury, what happened over the winter with Andrea & Michonne and Tyrese's group.

Hell, I'd be happy with webisodes covering that, let alone actual episodes.

And thats why I'm glad Mazzara is on his way out. As Voyeur pointed out at somepoint in this thread, Mazzara hates flashbacks. This TV show could benefit from them.

Me too. I feel some of the strongest stuff was from Season 1 when we found out what happen to Rick and how Lori and Shane ended up together. Without it, you just have to except what the characters are telling you and they never consistently tell the truth.

See, I disagree because I buy in to the Hitchcock belief of suspense over surprise. We've actually found ourselves complaining that there wasn't enough of a "OH FUCK!" moment at the end of some episodes, because TWD has gotten by with attracting an audience strictly on "HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME! I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!". The show could use a bit more suspense, and I'm talking about drawn out palpable suspense. The coming episodes should have it as the war between the two sides get near. But I think flashbacks where we could see Tyrese not being able to save a child, and then in present times being asked to look after Carl, can really add some nice notes to the episodes. We now KNOW his history with children. We KNOW how it may affect him, and we're WAITING to see if we're right. That's what I think this show is missing out on.

• Like 2