AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

AMC is just the worst. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are ending soon and they're moving away from that level of quality programming to shit that wouldn't even make it on TLC. They don't care about their cash cows, they just want everything done cheap, and I can't imagine there's a cheaper show on TV to produce than Small Town Security.

To be fair, the series they just ordered (Low Winter Sun) shows they're not completely out of their old way of thinking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still have high hopes for the show, it isn't like it's nearly as deep as something like Mad Men or The Wire was. Plus, the comics give them somewhat of a loose guideline, right?

As for AMC, I don't blame them to much for the fact they are putting on some crappy shows. I'm guessing they don't have the finacial backing that some other networks do and with two of their biggest shows leaving, they need to put what few eggs that have in just a couple baskets and hope one takes off and is a hit instead of blowing their money on a bunch of ok shows.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very loose. I am sure they will always bring in certain iconic looks or events here and there, but for the most part the show is vastly different from the comic. There is tons of different people, new survivors, missing survivers, survivers from the comic that are written absolutely different, higly different lifespans, lots of different places ect. pp.
They do what they want, i actually like that, it gives you a new story to experience. The only problem is that the writing quality of this new approach of the source universe is far from the standard that Comic (and last years game) set. If you had the right people behind it...

Plus, the comics give them somewhat of a loose guideline, right?

Any predictions on who dies this season? I am thinking... (contains spoilers from previous seasons)

The Governer; Merle; Daryl; Carol; Hershel; Tyreese's group (but not Tyreese); Maggie.

The Governer has to die. He's the main antagonist this season.

Merle is not needed after this storyarc with Daryl; although for some reason I can see him swerve us and turn on The Governor and join in with Rick against him; maybe to avenge Daryl's death? And with Merle dead, I don't see much use for Daryl other than being a hunter in thr group, if anything he'll be the "shocker" death this season.

Carol's story is and has been done for a while, since Sophia died and her husband, plus with Daryl there really isn't anything left for her.

Hershel is bringing the group down and so his character will bite it.

Tyreese's group are expendable, as we don't know them but they will likely go down helping Rick's crew.

Maggie I think will be a victim to further Glenn's story for another season, and in all honnesty with Michonne and Andrea, they will not keep around another badass chick (though I'd rather they did, because she is easily my favorite character behind Dale and Glenn).

I think, and I am apparantly the only one in my group of friends to think so, that Beth is staying around for sure. Now that Carol has gone all sniper, taking over for Dale, and with Lori dead, Beth became the "den mother" and I think that's a role we will see expanded on next year.

Eitherway, I am uber excited for Sunday night.

Maggie isn't going anywhere. Daryl isn't going anywhere, The Governor SHOULDN'T die, and I think Carol can be expanded on A LOT more.

Hershel and Merle are the only two mainstays who I think are gone after this season. Although I'd keep Merle alive to get a full season of him trying to migrate back in to the group. Hershel should sacrifice himself.

Creepy but very cool

Imagin how cool it would be if they actually float. :D

As for people that already on the Show i think Rick, Carl, the Baby, Daryl, Maggie (she is the only propper TNA) and Glenn will make it out alive this Season. Michonne aswell.... Maybe Andrea. Maybe Carol.

More or less Spoilers based on the Comic Book.

I assume Meril will take Ricks hand in revenge and get killed sooner or later as a followup. If Tyrees actualy Shows up i somehow doubt they would kill him right this Season. I must be wrong, because there should be more death in the conclusion.

I am actually interested in how they end the prison arc and how they follow it up. The comic pulled a lot of emotion from that ending because of Lauri and the Baby dieing, also Tyrees i think? But we had lots of time to like him at that point. On the other hand they had the prison being overrun a little already. And after that? The prison finaly got rid of a lot of characters and got the gang back on the road. Fear the hunters is something that will happen next Season i think... Season 4 on the road all the way? Season 5 catching up with were the comic is right now? Dun dun duunnnn...

As far as major character death, I think Andrea's number is up this half-season. She's too problematic a character and I'm past really rooting for her to survive, which was a sentiment mostly based on her being my absolute favorite character in the comics.

I mean beyond the chaotic nature of everything. Like after the storm that is the next 8 episodes. Where they have a chance to pick up the pieces a bit. Then again, I have no idea how the next 8 episodes are gonna go so hey.