AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

So the big rumor is that AMC has held off on announcing season 4 because it's going to be a bigger deal than just a one season extension. AMC is supposedly taking a page out of FX's book from when they renewed Charlie Sheen's new show, and will be announcing The Walking Dead is renewed for several seasons at once. (Season 8 is the rumored number)

So the big rumor is that AMC has held off on announcing season 4 because it's going to be a bigger deal than just a one season extension. AMC is supposedly taking a page out of FX's book from when they renewed Charlie Sheen's new show, and will be announcing The Walking Dead is renewed for several seasons at once. (Season 8 is the rumored number)

Not questioning you, just wanted to know what your source is so I can show others.

Watch out zombies, the Parents Television Council is coming for you. The PTC is targeting AMC's "The Walking Dead" over the drama's violent content.

“Throughout its run, the AMC program 'The Walking Dead' has featured some of the most graphic and brutally intense violence and gore imaginable," Tim Winters, president of the PTC, said in a statement. "In the current season alone the show has depicted hundreds of scenes of grisly murder both of living and 'undead,' but human, characters."

The PTC is taking issue with "The Walking Dead's" rating, TV-14, claiming the violence depicted is too much for the rating given.

I'm actually kind of really glad. I follow Mazzara on Twitter, and he's kind of an asshole to fans. Someone asked him if we would ever see a flashback to how the prison fell and his response was "Flashbacks are the dumbest thing ever. Why do idiots enjoy them?"

I like AMC is doing this. They have a good staandart when it comes to storytelling om their other shows. Obviusly the average dork will watch this no matter why because it´s "lul, woot, zombies n people diein, assom" but while Darabond put on a brilliant pilot he was not able to follow up on it and even if the new team increased in qualety there still were lot´s of logic and plot holes AMC dos not seem to like as their quality standard. (comeparring to breaking bad or mad men here)

They can afort to look for the right person, so i am all for them doing it.

Another article on this.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-walking-dead-glen-mazzara-20121222,0,7356933.story

AMC airs Small Town Security and Comic Book Men, and they've tried to cut the budget from Mad Men and Breaking Bad. At this point in time they care about the bottom line more than quality now that Mad Men and Breaking Bad have established them as a respectable provider of original content.

• Like 1

AMC is just the worst. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are ending soon and they're moving away from that level of quality programming to shit that wouldn't even make it on TLC. They don't care about their cash cows, they just want everything done cheap, and I can't imagine there's a cheaper show on TV to produce than Small Town Security.

• Like 1

Here's Sons Of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter to repeat what Zero said, but a lot more offensive.

AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, sh*t on their audience, and bury their network. Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was Walking Dead and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we’re not cookiecutter douchebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. Mad Men and Breaking Bad will be gone soon. So will AMC. I hope their f*cking stock takes a dive and the shareholders line up (Josh) Sapan, (Charles) Dolan and (Charlie) Collier and sh*t in their open hands. C*nts.

• Like 2