Championship Manager 2010

Stevie B

http://www.champmanstore.com/shop/index

Well i know what im buying once i get paid since i don't actually have at least £2.51 in my bank account right now...

Give it a go, can't really go wrong when your naming a price for a game.

Not sure what the catch it though... someone was telling me about it last night, and just saw the link in someone's Facebook status.

I'm not sure there is a catch. I think it's a stunt to try and get some of the Football Manager crowd (a lot of whom, let's be honest, go straight for FM every year and don't give CM a second thought) at least having a go at their game in the hope that some of them will stick and bump up their sales next year.

• 4 weeks later...

What a pile of steaming shit this game really is. It is miles behind FM. Problems:

- Takes up too much memory, it will freeze or leave even decent machines laggy at somestage

- Fiddling with the screen resolution to get it in windowed mode

- The layout and colour is horrendous

- Difficult to find what you want and quickly - took me 10 minutes to find the god damn transfer list

- To search for a player in a certain position you have to uncheck every other position

- Game engine is pants. I miss the commentary. Boring.

- You have to click through each day. Ugh.

I only tried it out to see what it was like, and boy what a waste of my time. I remember LMA Manager for the old Playstation being more fun that this.

Edited by ONO

I remember renting LMA Manager for a weekend, realising I didn't have enough space on my Playstation memory card to save my game, and so left the console on for nearly three days straight so that I could resume each time I woke up in the morning. :shifty:

Heh, I remember getting a bunch of 3rd party memory cards from a PS magazine so I could use one for Premier Manager, 98 or 99 I think it was. I think Diablo used a whole one too, though I never had that.

Either way, I watched a video on CM10 a month or so back, the scouting system seemed interesting as I recall.

I think I borrowed LMA 2003, my Leeds team was rather high scoring. A few 6's and 7's, maybe even upwards of 10. Robbie Fowler I think ended up with like 60 goals in a season.