Championship Manager 2010

Stevie B

Yeah, on FAPLFM2001 you could too. There was also an option to have it playing through whilst you were watching the game stats and could make subs/tactical changes during the match. The 3D engine sucked though and went on too long, from what I remember.

Edited by Baddar D

1489-1.jpg

That was my first football management game, on the AMIGA, this was followed up by premier manager 3, then on PC I got CM2 and Premier Manager 97... These games ruined my life as much as they made it oh so good.

Best Football manager game ever though?

cm9798.jpg

CM 97/98 owns all, closely followed by 01/02. The former was challenging without being ridiculous or overly complicated, and the latter was very well put together - plus Scandinavia was the best region in the game leading to the prem teams having around 3-5 Norwegians and Swedes each.

I played a season as Leeds on PM99 and got relegated. I did win the FA Cup though so season 2 has Super League play! I also have an awesome team full of 4 and a bit players like Nadal, Yonk, Hadji, Suker, Deschamps. Gonna have to clear a memory card.

I love how because CM10 is so bad, this thread has become a general football manager game thread.

Anyway, I vividly remember Kevin Keegans player manager, I could never get past 3 seasons max because the board always fired me despite being top of the league =/

Cant forget this beauty of a game

573849_13303_front.jpg

This was USM:

usm.jpg

Ultimate%20Soccer%20Manager%202_7.png

You could also instantly finish a match. You just clicked a door before the match and you got the result, sorted. I once got up before school and played a season in about an hour. Fun days.

I used to love USM. You could purchase hot dog stands and stuff to put outside the stadium. My favourite bit though was if you expanded the stadium you saw the building work going on.