Championship Manager 2010

Stevie B

USM 98 was the greatest game I have EVER played. I have the 98/99 update disk on a coffee table downstairs (where it's lived for like 5 years :shifty:) but can't find the actual 98 disk so I can install it. :(

USM2, what came before it was epic too, if not purely for Henry and Viera being like 18 and like absolutely fucking AMAZING.

Edited by YI

I remember trying to play USM 98 in recent years on Vista...doesn't like it. Doesn't like compatability either. That game was the very best game ever. Build your stadium, make hotdog stands and merchandise stands, offer bungs, oh that game was the best. I miss simple fun games like that :(

Clearly that's the problem. Back then they could get away with that because there wasn't as many teams they could licence and you'd get Mersey Red vs Northumberland or something like that ¬_¬

CM is trying to compete with FM in terms of realism, but can't do it because there's no way ANYONE could top FM... so what they should have done is built an engine around customisation and illegal shit and market it towards to budget game audience.

Sure it'd look completely unprofessional... but doesn't creating a game that's fare lesser than it's main competitor worse than that? <_<

Looking back at the dates that some of these games were released, it amazes me at how I could play such games (and be really good at them) when I was probably only 6 or 7. I wish they made a simple USM-type game now. I don't have the time to spend so many hours just completing one season on FM nowadays.

Edited by Dynamite

Ultimate Soccer Manager! I used to be brilliant at that, 2 and 98 and 98/99 to a lesser degree. Once you got a handle on the game it was just so very easy to own everyone around you. The transfer system was so straight forward and you could just fast sell people to get rid of them quickly. I once got Notts County to the Premiership on USM2 and also remember beating Man Utd 15-5 or something because somehow they didn't have a keeper and Roy Keane was in goal. The match rigging and bungs didn't always work too if I remember rightly. My last USM2 game was only two or three years ago on my brothers old laptop and I managed to win the league with QPR and Leicester City several times.